Where did it all go wrong for Trinidad?

3 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

I’m not sure if Trinidad has a problem or if I do. That little gremlin in the bottom left corner says I have too many…she suggested donating some.

I didn’t want to tell her 3 more boxes are en route.

image.jpeg.24c6f5b41bd7c31ea73ea6aa8758eb45.jpeg

This post is the definition of an FOH humblebrag 

• Confused 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not entirely sure how to take that 🤔 I wear a Casio G-Shock… Not a Rolex or a AP. I drive a Toyota Tundra… Not a McLaren or a Shelby Cobra. I cook on a Weber grill… Not a Traeger.

I love the Coloniales and Fundadores. I think they're two cigars that really show the pinnacle of what the Cuban tobacco industry can do. I never felt the same love for the Reyes, but they obviously h

I agree.  I'm looking at my 2004 Excel spreadsheet for the cigar prices in Cuba.  Trinidad Fundadores were $14.24 or $341.65 a box.  They were only $0.03 less than a Cohiba Lancero.  I remember the qu

28 minutes ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

Not entirely sure how to take that 🤔

I wear a Casio G-Shock… Not a Rolex or a AP.

I drive a Toyota Tundra… Not a McLaren or a Shelby Cobra.

I cook on a Weber grill… Not a Traeger.

I have been buying more cigars than I smoke for 15 years.

Just a cargo short wearing cigar guy on a cigar forum with more cigars than I probably need.  I’m probably not alone.

On the plus side, I did learn a new word today.  (Admittedly, I had to google humblebrag)

Not a humblebrag. Not even a regular brag really.  Funny pic actually.

Your only error is the barbecue.  Weber is FAR superior to a Trager! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBirdman said:

your 20 boxes of Trini

On that note i reviewed my CCW inventory and I was surprised to find i have about 18 boxes of Cohiba vs 5 boxes of Trinidad.

Weird given how how I find Trinidad particularly consistent. And Cohiba not particularly so.

So yeah maybe Trinidad does have a problem. Though to be fair unless prices go down I'll probably not be buying much of either going forward.

Just a cargo short wearing cigar guy on a cigar forum with more cigars than I probably need.

You guys with your fancy cargo shorts and crocs, while I'm sitting here in regular shorts and worn down shoes like a nobody. 😂

I’m probably not alone.

You are not. 😂

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

Come on guys. My post was intended as a jest, not an insult.

And let’s be real here - when you post a picture of your 20 boxes of Trini and say you have three more on the way, you’re struttin’ a bit. Just own it. 

Was not my intention but understandable to be taken that way. I can live with that…

• Like 1

I cook on a Weber grill… Not a Traeger.

This is an insult to any BBQ enthusiast. 

Traegers work, sure, but they are built of flimsy pot metal, the auger will fail, and they are simply junk. Just my humble. A real smoker is built to last and in the hands of a master, makes much better Q. I will step down from my milk crate now. 

unnamed(1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Fsonicsmith said:

This is an insult to any BBQ enthusiast. 

Traegers work, sure, but they are built of flimsy pot metal, the auger will fail, and they are simply junk. Just my humble. A real smoker is built to last and in the hands of a master, makes much better Q. I will step down from my milk crate now.

We are well off topic now but I have to ask, what is that thing? I know nothing of grilling other than turn the gas on and throw some meat on there.

And just to keep us on point a little bit, I think the only thing wrong with Trinidad is the pricing.

10 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

Come on guys. My post was intended as a jest, not an insult.

And let’s be real here - when you post a picture of your 20 boxes of Trini and say you have three more on the way, you’re struttin’ a bit. Just own it. 

Have 32 boxes of Trinidad, can only imagine your view on me now!  :) 

All good.  But isn't buying, and posting pics of your pile part of the fun?  Brag for sure, but humblebrag?

2 hours ago, Monterey said:

Have 32 boxes of Trinidad, can only imagine your view on me now!  :) 

All good.  But isn't buying, and posting pics of your pile part of the fun?  Brag for sure, but humblebrag?

Truthfully no different than those who show off their 50K Swiss watch, 300K Italian supercar or any other crazy passion. And there are forums for all these "hobbies". If somebody has 100 boxes of Cohiba/Trinidad, then more power to them. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

I did my bi-annual coolidor check. I’m not sure if Trinidad has a problem or if I do. That little gremlin in the bottom left corner says I have too many…she suggested donating some.

I didn’t want to tell her 3 more boxes are en route.

I completely agree. I will DM you with my address.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TBird55 said:

And this one is the definition of FOH Trinidad Envy

I have an equivalent number of Trini.

Though I do wish I’d picked up two dozen more boxes of Esmerelda at $240 to flip on BR - won’t lie about that!

• Like 1

Apologies. It is off track. But please keep in mind that I commented my humble op that Trinnies, other than now ridiculous pricing, never went off track. The smoker is a Shirley Fabrications from Tuscaloosa. I own one, though a different more modest model. This is my smoker. 1000 lbs of US steel. 

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fsonicsmith said:

Apologies. It is off track. But please keep in mind that I commented my humble op that Trinnies, other than now ridiculous pricing, never went off track. The smoker is a Shirley Fabrications from Tuscaloosa. I own one, though a different more modest model. This is my smoker. 1000 lbs of US steel. 

Where's the fire box? 😜

You gotta build your own, like Franklin:

IMG_5646.JPG.2537789b93d64b905edc492b8bcc8733.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG.04cebae076662a11a1cced9d3f575a02.JPG

2 hours ago, Fsonicsmith said:

Priorities.  You got 'em.