Cigar thirds and bitterness

18 hours ago, Bijan said:

Generally only psychologically (if it bothers you). I used to hate re-lighting a cigar, partly an OCD thing and partly I didn't know that it's better not to puff while relighting.

As long as you don't wait a very long time (tens of minutes, or an hour+) before relighting there's not much harm to the flavours. In fact often a slight improvement in flavours after relighting a cigar as it ends up being better lit than it was as it was going out.

I agree - would just add that it’s important to be as careful in relighting as one is in lighting. Also, I try to remove as much of the ash as I can before a relight. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, TheDonTX said:

Thank you sir. I appreciate the depth and the time you put into your posts. Regardless if its OCD or not I appreciate it lol

Agreed.  Thank you @Bijan 🙂

• Like 1

To each their own. I reviewed based on the A system of thirds. I don't consider it my responsibility to throw a pass at the manufacturer for rolling a poor last third.

With that said, a lot of bitterness can be attributed to smoking too fast (apparently a lot of people are smoking twice as fast as would be ideal), or the cigar is humidified. 

• Like 4