Raleigh North Carolina

Yes, it’s just north west of downtown center. My brother is there now with a CoRo. He does not smoke cigars much and was astonished that he was holding $17,532.23 in his hand. It was funny, he did mention that he enjoyed the D4 more than the CoRo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be inviting the wrath of my (new) fellow North Carolinians, but I'm not much of a city guy. If I had my way, I would locate and move to Mayberry. I grew up in a little town in rural Minnesota.

BBQ should probably be another verboten topic on this forum, like US politics… It should be illegal to call TX brisket “BBQ.” Kind of like that deep dish dough thing they make in Chicago, can’t rememb

Cary resident here. In addition to Angus Barn and Havana Deluxe, the Apex Cigar Lounge is a really nice B&M and smoking spot. Good selection of mainstream and boutique brands, and their lounge is

Was going to check that out yesterday, but it doesn't open 'til 5:00pm. Almost past my bedtime!😂

3 hours ago, HerrHonaker said:

Cary resident here. In addition to Angus Barn and Havana Deluxe, the Apex Cigar Lounge is a really nice B&M and smoking spot. Good selection of mainstream and boutique brands, and they lounge is nice as well. They also have tons of events with Rocky Patel, Oliva, La Flor Dominicana and other NW vendors stopping in to their tailgate-style cookouts, fundraisers, etc. 

A few things you'll be faced with when you get here: NC State or UNC? And, Tomato or Vinegar? 

The first is pretty self explanatory--which college sports team will you support? Providing you're not bringing Florida State or U. of Florida loyalty with you, of course, the smart choice is UNC (I'm biased). You'll notice Duke is missing, but f*&k Duke, everyone hates them. 

The second question is around which style of BBQ sauce you prefer? Luckily Raleigh sits square on the dividing line between Eastern-NC style (vinegar) and Western-NC style (tomato), so it's possible to enjoy the best of both worlds without upsetting any loyalists. 

My new office is in Cary! UNC will work, although Debbie is UGA and I like the Razorbacks. Arkansas is like my Alma Mater U of Minnesota. Neither will ever win, we just hope they beat Alabama! Tomato. Absolutely. Am looking at a house in Fuquay Varina. Thoughts?

Thanks,

CAH

• Like 2

Cary is nice but over priced. And the snobs? No thanks. Fuquay-Varina is more affordable but you can't go wrong either way. 

Everytime I go back, if I can stay on the outskirts I'm fine. Towards town or going in to town can bite me! No thanks! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

My new office is in Cary! UNC will work, although Debbie is UGA and I like the Razorbacks. Arkansas is like my Alma Mater U of Minnesota. Neither will ever win, we just hope they beat Alabama! Tomato. Absolutely. Am looking at a house in Fuquay Varina. Thoughts?

Thanks,

CAH

If your going to be in Cary, FV is a good place to look and I would also consider Apex.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nevrknow said:

Cary is nice but over priced. And the snobs? No thanks. Fuquay-Varina is more affordable but you can't go wrong either way.

We do have an inordinate amount of Karens here that’s for sure, lol. Couple that with a lot of New Yorkers and Californians moving here with Apple and other companies and the entitlement is going off the charts. And it’s making just about everywhere overpriced.

10 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Thanks,

CAH

Holly Springs/Fuquay is still a relative pocket of undevelopment, but changing fast. I’ll echo looking in Apex as well. 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 7:21 AM, HarveyBoulevard said:

If your going to be in Cary, FV is a good place to look and I would also consider Apex.

Just sent the deposit in for a house in Apex! We will be moving the weekend of September 10th, but I actually start work 29 August. Looks like the Super 8 for a couple of weeks!!! 🙄

On 8/12/2022 at 7:06 AM, Nevrknow said:

Everytime I go back, if I can stay on the outskirts I'm fine. Towards town or going in to town can bite me! No thanks! 🤣

One of my new co workers said Cary stood for "Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees!" 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Just sent the deposit in for a house in Apex! We will be moving the weekend of September 10th, but I actually start work 29 August. Looks like the Super 8 for a couple of weeks!!! 🙄

Let me know when you will be receiving mail at the new house and I'll send that house warming gift to you that we discussed 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

One of my new co workers said Cary stood for "Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees!" 😂

Congrats! Apex is a great town and not too far from anything you'd want to do. 

The Cary acronym is true, though I always heard it was Containment Area for Relocated Yankees, LOL. Luckily I'm from Virginia originally so I don't count. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, HerrHonaker said:

The Cary acronym is true, though I always heard it was Containment Area for Relocated Yankees, LOL. Luckily I'm from Virginia originally so I don't count. 😜

Might could'a mis-quoted. It was a long week... 😀

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Cary has a lot of Indians driving American V8 muscle.  Great Indian food too.

Ohhhh. Indian food is a favorite! Debbie doesn't like it, so I just eat her meal as well!!! 😁

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2022 at 8:44 PM, HerrHonaker said:

I'm flying into Raleigh on Sunday, Aug. 28th. Rent a car, check into my fleabag motel, then probably slide down to my new neighborhood to see how far it is from the Apex Cigar Lounge! Should be burning one there around 2:30 pm if you're in the area.

CAH

7 hours ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I'm flying into Raleigh on Sunday, Aug. 28th. Rent a car, check into my fleabag motel, then probably slide down to my new neighborhood to see how far it is from the Apex Cigar Lounge! Should be burning one there around 2:30 pm if you're in the area.

CAH

Apex is really near the airport.  I've stayed a couple of Marriotts in that area.

• 4 weeks later...