Do you spend more per month on CCs or less?

I decided to sit on the sidelines for a few months to see how the pricing was received and whether it would stick or not. Probably will be spending about as much on CC's as before whenever I decide to get back in the game. Just getting fewer smokes for my dollar. 

I am spending less but it has nothing to do with prices, I have a Wife and she recently saw my Cigars and couldn't believe how many I had. I dont think its that much, maybe 6 years worth based on a few a day. She asked me to slow my roll a bit.🥲

Less, much less.

2022 is the first year I haven't bought a single box since I started smoking CC's just over a decade ago. I'm pretty certain I will buy a couple of boxes before the year is out, but usually I would average about 10 - 20 boxes a year.

• Like 2

I am more selective now about what I buy so that means I am spending less. I certainly will  not be buying Trini and Cohiba at current prices. The selectivity may have more to do with increased experiences in the CC world with what I like.

• Like 1

The only way I could be spending more is if I had a printing press in my bedroom and I started freebasing Cognac. And still there’s almost nothing to buy. I’m still buying cigars because I smoke so much, thinking of changing my middle name to Mille Fleurs.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ford2112 said:

The selectivity may have more to do with increased experiences in the CC world with what I like.

If there’s any silver lining here for me, it’s that I’ve bought a few boxes of different cigars than normal, and mostly, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by them

I'm at the point where I will buy to replace a box of favourites I get to the end of, or I might get the occasional 10 count of new regular production release (example recently got a PL Galanes to try), but otherwise I am out. In Australia we are pushing $50-70 for a cigar and its basically a weekly treat now as opposed to a daily thing for me.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

At the end of the year I’ll probably have spent about the same as last year as I’ve tried to purchase a few boxes of things I’ve liked over the last few months. As a newer entrant to the hobby, I probably only have 3 years of stock of regular rotation cigars, and probably 6 years of cigars I’ll dip into more rarely.  As more of a newbie, I was lucky to put down a few boxes of things like SW, MDO4, Party 898s, so very happy to have those on hand, but once they’re gone, they’re likely gone.  Although at my current pace of consumption for anything bigger than a pyramides, most of those boxes will last a good long time.  As I start to deplete boxes I’ll probably look to replace favourites, but maybe I’ll have to be a bit more selective of change of pace cigars.  Thankfully I smoke 90% PCs and smaller, so replacing them shouldn’t be too much of a burden.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, therealrsr said:

waiting for the intl store to come back.

You are reminding me that my very last CC purchases were Sig IIIs and Coros from the international store here.

Folks would start crying if I talked about how reasonable the prices were.

• Like 2

A bit more, but not too much. I got no place to put them.

Like many, I have cut back.  Have plenty of cigars, so don't really need more but there are certain things I'd like to have more of; if they were actually available.  Targeted buying going forward, for sure.

Thanks to Prez and the FOH team for allowing me to stock up on Cohiba before the HSA price hike heist.

Spending less, and smoking less. I would say this is due to prices and another child on the way. I have maybe an 8 year stock at the moment.

Like many, I will buy what I need and not what I want. Thankfully, I amassed quite a Trinidad collection before the world went bonkers.

The buying of CC has come to a complete halt for me. Still smoking plenty as I stocked deep. Oh well, with the bad state of the economy it has allowed me to learn about investing and get in while assets are on Black Friday discounts. That and other hobbies are seeing more funding. Cuba has some serious issues to work out before they see my coming back. 

• Like 2

The only significant toll the economy has taken on my wallet is the cost of gas, food and goods. I bought some deli lunch meat that was normally 7.99 lbs. now it's 15.99 lbs for the same lunch meat. As far as jobs go I hired 12 new employees this month and plan to hire 55 more employees by the end of the year. 350,000 new jobs were created in the US in June.  Business is booming and other friends that have businesses are doing the same. We have increased wages by 25% on average.  I write this to give you some optimism and hope that things will get better, ya we will probably have a small recession, but it is needed with all the cash that was dumped into the economy during covid. A recession happens every 10 years and we are right around the 10 year mark.  I have a feeling by the next year or two we will all be back to purchasing our favorite cigars close to the same levels before covid. 

• Like 2

On 7/18/2022 at 7:15 PM, KieserG said:

Recently I’ve been spending more purely because I’ve ventured out from NCs and into CCs so I’ve been trying to build stock. However, I’m quickly running out of room so either I expand storage or slow down the buying for a bit. One of those sounds like a terrible solution though hahah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This, my first CC purchase was back in April (‘22), 33 boxes have arrived since  with 7 in route it’s been crazy to say the least. There are a few more I have not been able to grab but hope I am fast enough when they pop up on 24:24 soon. 

• Like 1