Two questions: What cigar marque has delivered the most 94 + point experiences in your Cuban cigar smoking history & ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For an old fart like me all the damage was done last century....RyJ Churchill by a landslide. I can still see my father in a cloud of smoke, staring at his cigar and smiling 🌈  

For me: Q1 - Partagas Q2 - Lusitania  I just like Partagas the best. 

What's the question here? If you looked at a range of cigars i have smoked from one brand, in terms of highest percentage across the brand, then for me the anwer is PUNCH. I have loved anything to do

6 hours ago, bambambam said:

Partagas

8-9-8

I was waiting for this. One of my absolute favorites!!

• Like 1

Weird how it works out. I wanted to love the Punch Marca but it's my least favourite. Well least favourite after Quintero. I have a box of Punch DC's I'm letting age and a few Punch Punch that I hope will eventually be at a taste I like but so far meh. 
Bolivar PC's are mint. I buy those and the BBF and leave the RC for dead. 

Just had a Short de Punch today.

I found it bitter. Not harsh but bitter. Hopefully it’s either just a lemon or an aging problem. Will touch them again next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m enjoying the Partagas love. Super impressive how consistent they are given the volume. You can still get a duff box, but it seem infrequent. Maybe that style of rich-but-not-too-sweet is easier to achieve than some other marca signatures?

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 3:40 PM, Ford2112 said:

I find it interesting that Sir Winston is not on every list.

Like having Gator Etouffee, only get to try it once and you can’t put it in with delivering a best meal every time. 

Quite a bit of a Cohiba and Trin love in this thread. This might seem to support the approach (hopefully not the implementation) to their recent pricing model. 
personally I have yet to reach my own conclusions on the question, but it’s neither Cohiba nor Trin for either. I’m probably veering towards the Partagas or Dare I say Hoyo marcas. But I’ll need a cigar to contemplate. Lotta good options 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RDB said:

I’m enjoying the Partagas love. Super impressive how consistent they are given the volume. You can still get a duff box, but it seem infrequent. Maybe that style of rich-but-not-too-sweet is easier to achieve than some other marca signatures?

You raise a good point. 

That Partagas "profile" is  easier to replicate than a Cohiba "profile". 

1) Can't answer the Marque as I've only had experience with a few. However, really getting into Bolivar (BBF) and Partagas as of recent.

2) Definitely 2020 onward Montecristo #2. My favorite cigar by far and they have been as good as I've ever had them.

• Like 1

Q1: Cohiba

Q2: Sir Winston

Hard to make a fair comparison for Q1. Since Cohiba has always been at a premium price point, I rarely reach for them and they invariably end up aging more than any other marca in my humi. 

If I had the self control to treat my H. Upmanns the same way, I'm fairly sure they would rate even higher than Cohiba at a fraction of the cost.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2022 at 3:52 PM, MrVoyondon69 said:

found it bitter. Not harsh but bitter. Hopefully it’s either just a lemon or an aging problem. Will touch them again next year.

Been my experience with them totally. I've given up on them. I've gone through about 30 sticks over the entire run and maybe one wasn't super bitter and hit 89-90 points. And the blend is very wood and earth heavy as it is. If I didn't know better I'd say they tried to duplicate the 2017 EL Regios de Punch. 

On 7/18/2022 at 9:01 AM, SmokyFontaine said:

Bolivar

This actually might be true for me as well counting pre-2000. Just about every Boli I had then was a 95. 

On 7/14/2022 at 8:17 PM, LLC said:

1. Cohiba

2. Siglo IV was a close second to the Siglo VI. 

Cohiba Siglo IV is my pick and Cohiba is my favorite marca (I really do love them- medio Siglo, siglo I and IV are always great).  Bolivar is second place.  

Siglo IV is incredible when that honey is coming through. Still haven’t cracked any Siglo VI - I think I have 2 or 3 boxes squirreled away.  Should I dig into the 2015 box yet? 

• Like 3

Q1 - Toss up between Upmann and Punch.

Upmann has been consistent both in terms of flavour profile and construction. Hard to beat SW, Mag46, Connie #1 and the unfortunate demise of the PC.

Punch has improved significantly in recent years in terms of flavour profile (Punch Punch/ DC)

Q2. More difficult.

PLPc never disappoints. From mongrel to caramel.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Orion21isback said:

Q1 - Upmann

Q2 - Not a fair answer, but the OR BHK 52’s. They were all 95+, the two boxes I was lucky enough to own and smoke. They were an ethereal experience. 

Had OR boxes of 52s as well. Just mind blowing. Looking back I wish I would have really aged a box longer. 

1 hour ago, KCCubano said:

Had OR boxes of 52s as well. Just mind blowing. Looking back I wish I would have really aged a box longer. 

Totally understand, but they were so good I was worried they would change too much over time. I don’t regret not aging any…I regret not buying more!!! 

• Like 1