Two questions: What cigar marque has delivered the most 94 + point experiences in your Cuban cigar smoking history & ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For an old fart like me all the damage was done last century....RyJ Churchill by a landslide. I can still see my father in a cloud of smoke, staring at his cigar and smiling 🌈  

For me: Q1 - Partagas Q2 - Lusitania  I just like Partagas the best. 

What's the question here? If you looked at a range of cigars i have smoked from one brand, in terms of highest percentage across the brand, then for me the anwer is PUNCH. I have loved anything to do

Are we talking relative or absolute? Because I’ve smoked so many of certain marcas and certain vitolas that in absolute terms they will unsurprisingly have more 94+ ers. 

In absolute terms

- Montecristo (I’ve had more Montes than any other marca, by a landslide)

- Double Edmundo

In relative terms

- Montecristo (still consistently delivers highest % of 94+ cigars for me)

- Partagas E2 (I’ve not nearly had as many of these as Double Edmundos, but almost every E2 I’ve had has been stellar)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jakebarnes said:

Juan Lopez

LGC Medialle D'or 2

I was going to say both of those!  What are the odds!  Juan Lopez has been the most consistent (No. 2) cigar in the last 20 years.  Never had a bad box out of many.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

Punch

Punch Double Corona

I'm coming around fast on Punch as well.  DC's, Punch Punch, SdP, 8-9-8 all on my hit parade

• Like 3

Puros DesNudos

N3 Carlotta Colorado Maduro

Rob, PM sent.🤣

• Haha 4

For me it’s probably Partagas, but I’ve had so many crappy examples as well that, the average is about the same as all other Marcas. I’ll take a good box of rg over a shit box of cohibas everyday. Chances of a good cigar in a box seem just about the same across all Marcas.

• Like 2

Cohiba and SW for me.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

Cohiba and SW for me.

I find them a bit overrated. 

I mean, they are fantastic. But I'd never (ever) grab a SW over an Espie. 

Now I know we don't like to talk new prices, but based on the new prices, I'd buy a box of SW's before I'd buy a box of Espies. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tdm_86 said:

Are we talking relative or absolute? Because I’ve smoked so many of certain marcas and certain vitolas that in absolute terms they will unsurprisingly have more 94+ ers. 

In absolute terms

- Montecristo (I’ve had more Montes than any other marca, by a landslide)

- Double Edmundo

In relative terms

- Montecristo (still consistently delivers highest % of 94+ cigars for me)

- Partagas E2 (I’ve not nearly had as many of these as Double Edmundos, but almost every E2 I’ve had has been stellar)

I read relative to the number you smoke. I have smoked far more many COROs than COPEs for example. 

3 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

I find it interesting that Sir Winston is not on every list.

Comes to prove a bit the level of mystique it holds in this forum. Somewhat justified but definitely hyped a lot 

I currently have a few SW boxes ageing so don’t take me wrong, still like them. Might say Espléndidos is above for me too. 

• Like 2