Cuba Cigar Price List 12/7/22

El Presidente

3 hours ago, helix said:

$2,167.24 in canada for 12. 

I have a short-hand for the 2022 prices increases on the market--comparing them to 2020 prices here and elsewhere.

I use baseball terms--a double is when the price doubled, a triple when the price tripled, a home run when the price went up four times.

I don't know what to do with this one--two grand slams?  🙃

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Indeed, as noted by a few members recently, the Sancho Panza Non Plus has mirrored the Fonseca No.1 in making a come back after been deleted. All the best as to finding out why! As for me, I'd lo

March 2023   Thank you to  Dave    LP 1er Canal válida 2023 rectificada circular (3).pdf  

Here's the compact list in XLS format.   FOH Cigar Prices.xlsx

21 hours ago, Fugu said:

Dearest Trini in the pricing scheme. By far.

I'm sure. I probably saw 70 boxes at the Partagas shop and probably another 100 more between the other shops. Gathering dust with the 100+ boxes of Coloniales, ML and Esmeralda I saw. I only saw maybe 5 or 10 Topes. 

Clearly the Chinese aren't interested in Trini at these prices. Seems like they want Cohiba and Cohiba only.Without them this Trini pricing scheme is going to collapse quickly. If stock accumulates at 40% production any increase will spell disaster. 

Although I will say it appears the Chinese are avoiding Siglo III and smaller which is the first crack in the scheme. I saw plenty of those around although mostly petacas. I did however see quite a few CCE 25s, so it appears they aren't interested in those either. They may as well just stop making Panetelas and Exquisitos. It's going to take a decade to move just the existing stock at these prices. 

13 hours ago, helix said:

Trinidad La Trova

$2,167.24 in canada for 12. 

That shouldn't be the case after the price homologation... unless the Cuba price is $180/stick which I doubt. 

18 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I'm sure. I probably saw 70 boxes at the Partagas shop and probably another 100 more between the other shops. Gathering dust with the 100+ boxes of Coloniales, ML and Esmeralda I saw. I only saw maybe 5 or 10 Topes. 

Clearly the Chinese aren't interested in Trini at these prices. Seems like they want Cohiba and Cohiba only.Without them this Trini pricing scheme is going to collapse quickly. If stock accumulates at 40% production any increase will spell disaster. 

Although I will say it appears the Chinese are avoiding Siglo III and smaller which is the first crack in the scheme. I saw plenty of those around although mostly petacas. I did however see quite a few CCE 25s, so it appears they aren't interested in those either. They may as well just stop making Panetelas and Exquisitos. It's going to take a decade to move just the existing stock at these prices. 

That shouldn't be the case after the price homologation... unless the Cuba price is $180/stick which I doubt. 

From an online retailer in Ontario. With about the most reasonable cigar prices . Single is $180.60 can.

2 hours ago, helix said:

From an online retailer in Ontario. With about the most reasonable cigar prices . Single is $180.60 can.

Hmm, that seems too high. I'm seeing world prices right now around $850/box USD which would be $1,130 CAD or $94 CAD each. I'm seeing several well-known Canadian vendors with Topes and Esmeralda at ~$1,000 CAD so La Trova at double that doesn't make much sense. 

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Hmm, that seems too high. I'm seeing world prices right now around $850/box USD which would be $1,130 CAD or $94 CAD each. I'm seeing several well-known Canadian vendors with Topes and Esmeralda at ~$1,000 CAD so La Trova at double that doesn't make much sense. 

Canada is on the very stupid side of the spectrum. I paid 1270$ duties for a box of Punch Punch and that at old prices, more than a year ago.

• Sad 2

55 minutes ago, vladdraq said:

Canada is on the very stupid side of the spectrum. I paid 1270$ duties for a box of Punch Punch and that at old prices, more than a year ago.

That is tragic

3 hours ago, vladdraq said:

I understand that but it still doesn't explain the much higher price for La Trova quoted by @helix. I didn't look at the price in Cuba but I can guarantee it isn't double the Topes price. 

14 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I understand that but it still doesn't explain the much higher price for La Trova quoted by @helix. I didn't look at the price in Cuba but I can guarantee it isn't double the Topes price.

I paid around 275US for that box, not sure about the exchange rate, but usually (depending on your luck i guess) the duty is 200-400% on that amount. So If La Trova is around 70-80 US$ in Cuba, 180CAD   sounds like a deal...

4 hours ago, vladdraq said:

I paid around 275US for that box, not sure about the exchange rate, but usually (depending on your luck i guess) the duty is 200-400% on that amount. So If La Trova is around 70-80 US$ in Cuba, 180CAD   sounds like a deal...

That's not how it works. Pricing is homogenized meaning all markets pay about the same, even in Cuba. Topes and Esmeralda ($58 and $63 in Cuba respectively) are about $80 in Canada only because Canada is one of the few regions with duties higher than Hong Kong, so they're going to be slightly higher but the La Trova at $180 makes no sense unless the price in Cuba is close to that which I doubt. It can't be double the Topes. 

Prices from the same retailer in Ontario.

Trinidad Cuban Cigars Esmeralda $103.49

Trinidad Topes 2019 $31.91 

Trinidad Media Luna Cuban Cigars $76.51

Trinidad Reyes Cuban Cigars $55.83 

Trinidad Cuban Cigars Coloniales $27.75

Trinidad La Trova $180.60

Trinidad Vigia Cuban Cigars $88.93

Cohiba Panetelas Cuban Cigars $45.46

2 hours ago, helix said:

Those prices are all over the place. Topes $31? 

I'm seeing prices much more in line with HK + 10% at most Canadian vendors. I don't see anyone having La Trova in stock though. 

On 10/26/2022 at 2:46 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

I was much happier buying more $8 Famosos and Connie 1 than $25 CoLa (at the time). I haven't found Cohiba's price was justified since around 2010 when I could get Exquisitos for $165/box and CoRo was $300. 

Yes, I was unhappy when CORO passed the $300 mark. If I would have only knew, I would have saved one box for everyone I smoked..

On 10/29/2022 at 8:10 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

The idea that Trini and Cohiba were on the same level was just bizarre. There isn't anything that would have indicated that was a good idea. I think that they could possibly have had some play with Fundys but overall Trini is not even the same product as Cohiba. Just 18 months ago Coloniales were $9 each (where they had been for a decade). Now they're $40? I don't think there's even a Cohiba that had such an increase. 

Agreed. I think I saw somewhere that the Reyes had the largest price increase, by percentage than any other habano. Or it may have been just Trini, not sure. However, I love Reyes but not as much as they think it is worth. At 28 per.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ciscojohansson said:

I was watching the Sautter insta today and they said that there is another price increase coming soon, a large one. I did not get if it was world wide or only in Cuba. Anyone have more info?

Rumour is January. Everything  that they didn't hoe into last time. 

I haven't had it confirmed. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

On 11/1/2022 at 8:29 PM, helix said:

Trinidad Cuban Cigars Esmeralda $103.49

Trinidad Topes 2019 $31.91 

Trinidad Media Luna Cuban Cigars $76.51

Trinidad Reyes Cuban Cigars $55.83 

Trinidad Cuban Cigars Coloniales $27.75

Trinidad La Trova $180.60

Trinidad Vigia Cuban Cigars $88.93

Cohiba Panetelas Cuban Cigars $45.46

Just was in my local retailer in BC. He just recieved a fresh box of Esmerelda. 67.89 cad per stick.

• Thanks 2

A second major price increase would be brutal. I guess Habanos is still seeing product scarcity coupled with high demand. I guess they want a piece of the action the resellers are getting right now. Hard to see how that is sustainable but they are in survival mode. 

On 7/31/2022 at 1:23 PM, mcicvara said:

They accept Canadian and European credit cards too. My son just purchased some boxes at Cayo Santa Maria. And yes, NEW PRICES!!! At the resort cigar shop prices are ABOVE listed prices???

that can be a practice by resort staff to add a little gratuity on top, i experienced the same in Varadero at the resort before i went into Havana

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Salomones said:

https://zigarren-community.de/attachment.php?aid=44775

All new Prices are published there.

It seems that you need to be logged into that forum to view that attachment.

https://zigarren--community-de.translate.goog/thread-3223-page-19.html?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Anyway, I'm sure we'll obtain another source soon.