Cuba Cigar Price List 12/7/22

El Presidente

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Indeed, as noted by a few members recently, the Sancho Panza Non Plus has mirrored the Fonseca No.1 in making a come back after been deleted. All the best as to finding out why! As for me, I'd lo

March 2023   Thank you to  Dave    LP 1er Canal válida 2023 rectificada circular (3).pdf  

Here's the compact list in XLS format.   FOH Cigar Prices.xlsx

On 2/15/2023 at 2:44 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

The new prices didn't take effect until around Jan 23. In mid-Jan the price for RyJ WC 25s would have still been $408.75.

See above. Went from $370 to $400 around Jan 23. It is possible there was some delay in some shops adjusting the pricing until last week. For example I still saw a few boxes with early 2022 pricing in September a full 2 months after the major hike on June 11. 

Thanks for the explanation. Hopes it was the last hike... I paid 187.50USD$ for a box of RyJ WC 25s before the Covid-19 in december 2019.😲

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Monterey said:

Rumor going around of another price increase next month followed by yet another in the fall.  Still no mention of increased quality of construction to go along with these price increases :)

Well those pesky regular people are now buying up all the regular production instead. Got to do something about that too.

Got to balance the shelves.

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2023 at 8:35 AM, Monterey said:

Rumor going around of another price increase next month followed by yet another in the fall

I'm expecting them to be patterned after the price increases on NCs (maybe something similar to their NC partner company's strategy?) Current productions will get at least one increase a year of relatively "nominal" amounts and new releases will continue to be much more expensive compared to previous years new releases to help condition us for the more frequent current production increases.  Then, if they slowly eliminate a few current productions each year they'll be able to replace the terminated lines with an egregiously priced "new release" the following year. They can probably step up the msrp pricing substantially over a large portion of the whole catalogue in a few short years.  Some suspect the NC market does this already and perhaps even diverts choice tobaccos to new release production to help influence consumer perceptions of price/quality. Viva la revolution! 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lamboinee said:

Then, if they slowly eliminate a few current productions each year they'll be able to replace the terminated lines with an egregiously priced "new release" the following year.

So you're saying all we'll be left with are the 1935, LdO, LM style lines? Diabolical...

:D

Just now, NSXCIGAR said:

you're saying all we'll be left with are the 1935, LdO, LM style lines? 

No, it will be "incremental" and they'll keep some standards and "benchmarks" around till the accountants tell them it's more profitable to change or drop a line.  They might even fall into the NC trend and just start naming new stuff based on a random selection because making something up sometimes sells.... The Mao ZaeVlad Bohemios Hipster seems likely.   

What's the lifecycle of an avid cigar customer that cares enough to notice? .... In 10-20 years they'll be few botls that remember the HUP PC or who care enough about brands that we currently consider mainstays. I think 30 years ago people favored candela wrapped NCs and now I wouldn't even know who makes a good one (if it's possible to make good butter wrappers). 

Remember when Hummers were called H1s and were made by not GM? We lamented the destruction of a military icon, and then the ruin of the GM hummer when it became the Hummer mini. And now it's back for the e-gen with launch control and zero 50cal turrets.    Or when the current bronco sport was released as the first Ford Escape before it was castrated into cuckold car submission before being rebranded as a bronco "sport" with near identic stats a square body? They have to kill the legacies so they can be reborn for new generations without having to actually make something new or better.  A new segment of sheep will be always be available for the fleecing. 

I'm strapping in an trying to enjoy the ride as much as possible. The cigars may change but I love cigar smokers and cigar friends. 

You're clearly more well - smoked than I am..... I have to look up at least two of those abbreviations.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

My god. A fate perhaps worse than death. When you're wishing for even JLP or Quintero life is bad. 

:-)))

no worries, i bought all the 12 yo Santiago. if ever plan to visit Cuba, don't pack any green olives and soya sauce, there is plenty! No cigars and no sugar though. 5 stars resort. 😂😂😂😂

Full of russian tourists, so i can blend in easily and drink as much as i can. good life.

9 hours ago, RDB said:

That’s €820 for a box of Reyes, and €1200 for Coloniales.

Shocking they're piling up. :rolleyes:

Those prices are outrageous. They're making plenty of money at standard prices which are basically Cuba prices. I really hope nobody buys at that price. 

Pretty much the same in Cuba. Trini and Cohiba I-IV floor to ceiling. Last month was the first time I ever saw Siglo V cabs on multiple shelves there. And sitting they were. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RDB said:

I’ve just been through Frankfurt airport. The only CCs on sale (apart from some shorts) were:

73394CCE-4C17-44CF-9922-69F18A551FFF.jpeg.63a287d07f3995360541624ae396bf47.jpeg

That’s €820 for a box of Reyes, and €1200 for Coloniales.

Helgoland is Coloniales 650€ and Siglo VI about 1450€.

IMG_20230405_123926294.jpg.56d2785bf402584004c30fb8ab8bbbd5.jpg

• Like 2