Cigar Champion HU Winnie VS Lusi

On 7/11/2022 at 10:12 PM, BrightonCorgi said:

SW's have more oomph to them. Better combustion and cleaner after taste.  

16 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I think they start reaching rarefied heights at around  8.......and then keep climbing. 

These observations are spot on after smoking one aged SW last weekend. 

On 7/12/2022 at 1:02 AM, El Presidente said:

if you give me a choice of a  DB19 Lusi or Winston, I will take the Lusi most  times. 

If you give me the choice of a DB 2010 Lusi or Winston, I will take the Winston most times. 

DB 2003 Lusi or Winston? .....Winston every time.  

Lusi is gorgeous with a few years down to remove the edges. Soft, sweet, cake/sourdough.  Aged Winston is still closed at the same period of time. 

Tables are turned (for me) with some serious aging (10+). Few cigars come close to Winston. Class/compexity personified. 

All bets are off however if it is a quality cab of Lusitania. Then they match up very well down the track. 

Great comment!! I’ve definitely experienced younger SW’s being closed, while 18 month old Lusi’s being spectacular. 

• Like 1

Great topic!

I have smoked a number of both over the years; admittedly more Lusi.s.  An aged Lusi from a cab, 10+ years, would be my pick if I could choose from any discussed.  To my palate they are both complex but the Lusi is deeper, earthier, which I like.

Cheapest I have seen after price increase is a box of 25 Lusi's for $800 and a box of 25 Sir Winston's for $1100. Mind you this online from Spain and Europe. Also before purchasing, you don't get a box code or a quality rating like you do with FOH. Taking that into consideration I would buy the Lusi's all day long over the Winston's even though Winston's are my favorite smoke.