March Madness

On 3/22/2022 at 10:18 PM, Huckleberry said:

The basketball has been stellar at almost every turn.  I live in Iowa and cheer mostly for U of Iowa

You poor soul.

23 minutes ago, Tstew75 said:

That Carolina game last night 😍

That was a very good game. Being in Big 12 country Ive seen Manek play quite a bit while at OU. Seems he has stepped up his game and NC playing well..as is Duke. Not sure my Hogs have much left in tank for tonight after beating Zags

16 hours ago, HawkI84 said:

You poor soul.

Central IL has about the same things going for it :)  Not a whole lot different than Iowa with the exception of our football teams, one being consistently better than the other ;)

Duke is on fire right now.  Villanova still gutting out wins is also formidable.  Will be interesting to see what happens tommorow.  Today's games illustrated how important the 3 pointer is in today's games.  You can't go 1-2-3 for umpteen and win.  Iowa State had like 20 turnovers the other night and shot something like 3-19 from three.  Can't beat anybody like that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Central IL has about the same things going for it :)  Not a whole lot different than Iowa with the exception of our football teams, one being consistently better than the other

Central IL is...fine, depending on what stage in your life you're in (were I younger it'd be boring af). Regarding the football (and bball, for that matter) teams, I went to Iowa and as such am a big Iowa fan.

9 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Central IL has about the same things going for it :)  Not a whole lot different than Iowa with the exception of our football teams, one being consistently better than the other ;)

Duke is on fire right now.  Villanova still gutting out wins is also formidable.  Will be interesting to see what happens tommorow.  Today's games illustrated how important the 3 pointer is in today's games.  You can't go 1-2-3 for umpteen and win.  Iowa State had like 20 turnovers the other night and shot something like 3-19 from three.  Can't beat anybody like that.

Arkansas let Duke go on a couple big runs and missed many easy pt blank shots. Difference in game I think. Duke peaking and playing their best they have all season. Hope KU and Saint Peters win today! 

Im rooting for St, Pete, but would be good to see a UNC/Duke final after what UNC did to them in conference playoffs.

4 hours ago, HawkI84 said:

Central IL is...fine, depending on what stage in your life you're in (were I younger it'd be boring af). Regarding the football (and bball, for that matter) teams, I went to Iowa and as such am a big Iowa fan.

Ok, now I’m dying to know how central Illinois isn’t boring AF once you get older? 🤔  My wife is from a town near Princeton so I have some familiarity. 😁

10 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

Ok, now I’m dying to know how central Illinois isn’t boring AF once you get older? 🤔  My wife is from a town near Princeton so I have some familiarity. 😁

It isn't exciting, but cost of living is low/it's (mostly) a good place to have a family. Having a Binny's nearby helps too.

That said, it's mostly that I've just become more boring, and spending a portion of my childhood in Northeast Iowa skews my expectations.

3 minutes ago, HawkI84 said:

It isn't exciting, but cost of living is low/it's (mostly) a good place to have a family. Having a Binny's nearby helps too.

That said, it's mostly that I've just become more boring, and spending a portion of my childhood in Northeast Iowa skews my expectations.

Yep, the burbs are certainly pricey and cook county taxes are ridiculous and never going down. I get it. Cheers brother!

2 hours ago, JohnnyO said:

The U is holding up well against Kansas, up 35-29 at halftime. Lots of tiki-tak mistakes though. John

Had a bunch of family and friends at game. KU really turned it on in 2nd half. Outscored Miami 47-15. Their guard Charlie Moore played at KU for 2 years. Felt bad for him.

6 hours ago, HawkI84 said:

Now we are talking!  Northeast Iowa is not like Iowa at all :)  Fantastic place, especially if you like to fish in beautiful rivers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Had a bunch of family and friends at game. KU really turned it on in 2nd half. Outscored Miami 47-15. Their guard Charlie Moore played at KU for 2 years. Felt bad for him.

KU hit the gas and the game was over 5 minutes into the 2nd period. John