Mixing Different Vitolas in a Tupperdor

Is this acceptable? My stash includes cigars from many different brands (all Habanos) stacked together in contact with each other in two tightly packed tupperdors. The rH is ~65 and the temp is around 74F.

I have a newair coolidor coming in and I will store each vitola in their own box with a much lower temperature from now on but my cigars have been stored like I said above for the past ~8 months so I'm wondering if I've done any irreparable damage... I'm asking because some cigars in my collection have been tasting bland lately.

If your question is whether storing different cigars of different brands in contact with one another is detrimental it is not. It's been discussed a few times (I'll edit and add the threads later) and I'm not aware of any evidence that it is problematic. 

• Like 4

It will be fine. I used to use a cooler and humidors. I smoked several cigars from the same box stored separately, one in the wooden humi, one in the cooler with no discernible difference in flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is meant only for educational purposes and no other reason - it’s my understanding that “vitola” refers to the different types of cigar shapes, “marca” refers to the brand.

And you can let either of these mingle in your humidor 😁

• Like 2

Make sure you keep your flavored cigars separate! 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ha_banos said:

I once tried to fight this. Also plenty people keep a variety in a desktop humidor or a drawer.

Oh and it's ok to mix RE, LE with regulars. But I cannot attest to reserva ranges! 🤣

Been in there years. And they've all been delish 🤤

Apologies if this post has triggered any anxiety or ocd. The poster will not be held responsible. But is happy to take any singles off your hands if you are not inclined to mix em up!

*They LOOK delish!! :hungry:  :hungry:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ha_banos said:

I once tried to fight this. Also plenty people keep a variety in a desktop humidor or a drawer.

Oh and it's ok to mix RE, LE with regulars. But I cannot attest to reserva ranges! 🤣

Been in there years. And they've all been delish 🤤

Apologies if this post has triggered any anxiety or ocd. The poster will not be held responsible. But is happy to take any singles off your hands if you are not inclined to mix em up!

I just cant do it. Im not ocd but this gives me anxiety lol. 

Im not even close to the level of some our in house experts but I separate all of mine. Im prob about 3 years into this but I have always wondered about mixing them up. It has to change the cigar? Long term aging is best in their own boxes? I try to mimic that with individual tupperdors. Being a noob I just didnt want to mess with the integrity of the cigars and just out of habit kept doing it. The only ones that I mix are sir winstons, CORO and Cohiba Piramides lol. These guys can blend together all they want! 

I will try to keep Marques the same where possible long term but I don't have the space to separate all my singles. Short term smokes go in a Rubbermaid Brilliance with a 62 % Boveda and a sheet of Spanish cedar. Mix of different ones. 

Slight corollary to the original question:  what about mixing the same marca/vitola from the same year but different factory?  For example, I have a 25 and 50 of Lusitanias from the same year (TUA FEB 21 and EOL MAY 21).     When I’ve smoked both down, is it poor form to combine all in the remaining 50 cab for long term aging?  

is it poor form to combine all in the remaining 50 cab for long term aging? "

No, as long as you put a band on EACH stick with the info to tell them apart, and put a cedar split between the different batches so no stick can break loose and jump to the other side of the cab.

some people have tried turning the cigars different ways to keep them separate, but  If you don't know the polarity, you can re-synch using any off the shelf 23 Gj protein depolarizing plasma jug. Note, you will need to be wearing shielded undergarments during this procedure...........

I just put about 20 Partagas Shorts from a new dress box in the bottom of my half-empty 50 cab… am I still allowed to be a member here?

P.S. I did separate them with paper and ribbon, and I wrote the new code on the box, and the new ones are box pressed after all…

5 hours ago, RDB said:

I just put about 20 Partagas Shorts from a new dress box in the bottom of my half-empty 50 cab… am I still allowed to be a member here?

P.S. I did separate them with paper and ribbon, and I wrote the new code on the box, and the new ones are box pressed after all…

I do the same. I'm never selling them anyway but I like keeping them labeled. Plus it helps save space when I'm playing coolidor Jenga! 😁

21 hours ago, Drguano said:

…… you can re-synch using any off the shelf 23 Gj protein depolarizing plasma jug. Note, you will need to be wearing shielded undergarments during this procedure unless your reproductive days are over.

Where can we buy a box of the Partagas Shielded Shorts…?