Formulating the 2022 International Blind Tasting Competition

It's an interesting idea.  I really don't know if I could pick the non-Cubans out with certainty out of 5.  I'd happily give it a go though.  Just don't give Sherlock any hints, he seems to decipher them all. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

100% - picked 5 of 5 in last taste test 😉 . Of course can see a diff.  With that being said probably lucky to get 1 or 2 correct again!!

• Haha 1

I think I could if it was 1 out 5.  Once you start increasing that to 40%...😂

Of course, the curveball you're throwing... "that non Cuban were rolled and blended to imitate a Cuban cigar" has got me completely second guessing my ability to pick even 1 out of 5!

Nevertheless...sounds fun. 

• Like 1

I love this idea. To answer your question, it would be really tough. There are so many NC blends nowadays that have the depth and nuance of a Habano cigar. I would totally be in for this blind tasting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha! I still remember when you handed me one of the early Nudies in Havana to try, but told me nothing about it. I was so confused at the time. I initially thought it was a Cuabn custom as it was reminiscent of an SdC#3, but my brain was screaming, "there is no way this is Cuban!!".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Hahaha! I still remember when you handed me one of the early Nudies in Havana to try, but told me nothing about it. I was so confused at the time. I initially thought it was a Cuabn custom as it was reminiscent of an SdC#3, but my brain was screaming, "there is no way this is Cuban!!".

I remember watching you. No pulling the wool over your eyes ...

All I can say is ....is that I have smoked an all manner of non Cubans including just about everything Opus x all Pardon family reserve ...the list goes on and I found them all bloody awful compared to a stock standard D 4 ...gee give me a favoritos over a padron any day 

For me anything that leaves a foul taste on your mouth for several hours is usually non Cuban. So I think I would get 2/5. 😎🌴

• Like 1

It will be fun. There are cigars out there non cuban that can show us how bad is our palate 😉

• Like 2

Interesting question. I haven't tried many new NCs in the last few years - I usually stick to my faves (too many new sticks to keep up with).

Getting one NC correct should be easy. The second may be tough depending on the blend. I'd say confidence is 75-80%.

I look forward to the challenge 

Cheers!