10 things you should know about El Capitolio

• El Presidente changed the title to 10 things you should know about El Capitolio
12 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I love the Capitolio building. I am always blown away when reminded that this masterpiece was built in just over 3 years.  Today there are buildings in Havana Vieja and Vedado that I have watched them work on for over a decade  ;)

5000 workers, 3yrs, 2mths & 20 days, at 8hrs of work per day, that's roughly 47 million man hours. Even with 1000 workers (pretty sure they don't even have 100 people on the job), over ten years you'd have just over 29 million man hours of work.

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

5000 workers, 3yrs, 2mths & 20 days, at 8hrs of work per day, that's roughly 47 million man hours. Even with 1000 workers (pretty sure they don't even have 100 people on the job), over ten years you'd have just over 29 million man hours of work.

.....and I am only talking about refurbishing a roof :D

7 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

.....and I am only talking about refurbishing a roof :D

The roof could have been refurbished in 1 yr, but they needed to show employment rates are steady or improving.

5 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

The roof could have been refurbished in 1 yr, but they needed to show employment rates are steady or improving.

it is hard to complete a job when the materials are being taken in turn by those on the job........

If you actually finish the job....the extra income ends ;)

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

it is hard to complete a job when the materials are being taken in turn by those on the job........

If you actually finish the job....the extra income ends ;)

That just means the Govt can report on higher employment stats for many more years to come! Win, win!!

• Haha 1