NEWAIR Humidors: Worth considering.

Excellent Review. Click the link and it will take you to tthe full review. 

NEWAIR NCH840BK00

NewAir continues to set themselves apart in the realm of premium cigar storage systems, specializing in temperature-controlled wineador-style humidors. Their offerings are updated on a fairly regular basis, taking an incremental approach to improvements with each generation. Currently, this includes options that range from 250 to 840-count humidors, ranging from devices that heat and cool, to cooling only, to those that include humidification systems, and others that do not.

The most recent addition to the lineup is the NewAir 840 Count Electric Humidor (model NCH250SS00), the most upscale offering from NewAir to date. As the name implies, NewAir rates the humidor at a capacity of 840 cigars. This is a four-tier setup that boasts NewAir’s signature Opti-Temp™ climate control system, a new blacked-out design, and the notable inclusion of a built-in humidification system, among other improvements from their previous releases.

NewAir NCH840BK00 Shelves

• Like 2

I was able to pick up one of the last 300-CC models they made and I have been very happy with it so far.  So far it has paid itself back if I compare the amount of Boveda packs I had to purchase with my old humidor.  I live in a climate where I need both heating and cooling and it does both very well.  I have looked at the new ones and they look to have some nice improvements to them but I think they are a bit on the pricey side right now.

I wish coolers didn't work so well. 

Cause now that I know how well they work a furniture style humidor is not within sight.

But this system is a slick design. I bet it'll be a good seller.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

I wish coolers didn't work so well. 

Cause now that I know how well they work a furniture style humidor is not within sight.

But this system is a slick design. I bet it'll be a good seller.

So true. I could get enough coolers to store a lifetime supply of cigars for less than the cost of one of these units, which has the capacity of a single cooler...

I think my next project will be converting my cold storage room into a walk-in. It's the next cheapest option it seems after coolers and tupperware.

33 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

Planning on lining the walk in?

That could be costly. (But awesome)

At least some of it. I'll have to do research but I think some cedar would help with the stability of the humidity levels.

(at first I thought you were asking if I was planning on filling it with cigar, also costly but awesome 😂)

41 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

My parents have a cold cellar they don't use...hmm.

Nice!

8 hours ago, jonnyfromiranny said:

I have the Whynter wineador. Was too small and didn't work so well. I switched over to a coolidor and now my Rh and Temp are steady as a rock.

I agree with you.  I've got one Whynter, one NewAir, and 6 Tupperdors.  They all work well in the basement which is key for my uses.  We keep the temperature pretty low in the house all year (between 68 and 73) so basement temperature is very steady at 65F. Bovedas work great in all of them and seem to only need replacing every 6 months to annually.  I'm working toward moving my "ready to smoke" cigars into the fridges and leave the Tupperdors alone for longer term aging but I'm pretty weak about leaving any of them alone.

• Like 1

I have a new air that works fantastic... because it’s unplugged. Works like a my other coolidors. I was a victim of condensation pooling in the back of my unit. Water was dripping from the fan to the bottom of the unit. It’s not like you could see water beading on the glass. Everything looked fine from the front. I used boveda packs too not an active humidity system. I posted here in a panic and Ray told me to unplug the unit which I did. 

My house can get temp swings of 60-75 depending on the season. I tend to keep my RH around 62 in the summer and 65 in the winter to avoid mold. So far that has worked great. If it’s one thing this hobby has taught me, it’s that cigars are resilient.