Whats going on down there?!

1 minute ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

While this article is slightly dated...it seems like your mammals may be the worst offenders of all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/australias-horses-and-cows-are-deadlier-than-its-snakes-and-spiders-2018-12%3famp

in fairness, that is probably because people tried to ride them. not many riding death adders. i suspect that the kangaroo deaths include the car accidents caused by them on the road. a problem. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no. we use tourists. 

Raise your hand if you’re glad that Australia is an island. 🙋‍♂️ 

New Zealand is looking good.... if it wasn't full of Kiwis.

3 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

in fairness, that is probably because people tried to ride them. not many riding death adders. i suspect that the kangaroo deaths include the car accidents caused by them on the road. a problem. 

I can’t imagine the quantity of breakfast alcohol I would need to consume each day to live in proximity to the “death adder”. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

While this article is slightly dated...it seems like your mammals may be the worst offenders of all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/australias-horses-and-cows-are-deadlier-than-its-snakes-and-spiders-2018-12%3famp

Wow! I'd have thought that many more people have succumbed by a much higher rate than this given what we hear about the creatures down under!

Sounds almost perfectly safe if you avoid the cows...

7 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Wow! I'd have thought that many more people have succumbed by a much higher rate than this given what we hear about the creatures down under!

Sounds almost perfectly safe if you avoid the cows...

We try not to give the real figures, it scares away the tourists. And we need all the tourists we can get.... the wildlife need to get fed somehow.

• Haha 3

just back from a walk on the beach. talking to a guy fishing on the beach. drops a small mullet out past the waves with his drone. caught a big bronze whaler last week apparently. fifty yeards down the beach, 20-30 surfers heading out. an area where attacks are far from unknown.

may as well ring a dinner bell.