Castro's grandson in Cuba

On 3/3/2021 at 9:58 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

Kim Jong Un lives pretty good in North Korea too. Cuban cigars, the finest liquor, the best women. 

The party elites have all the money. Always have, always will.

This is the image that should cause the Cuban people to rise up. Violently. Any illusion that the party has their best interests in mind is laughable. 

Political elites? You mean oppressors in this case. They need to find a tree and a rope for the Castros and the rest of them. 

• Like 1

Politcal and national leaders always have more than the rest of us, or most of us.

For example, I can't think of a head of state anywhere who wouldn't be in a position to have a helicopter take them to hospital if they got Covid. We don't all get that. There have been a few exceptions, but not many.

It's how they manage public perception that counts. This is where that Castro kid failed. Showing off to a public who are having a particularly hard time of it at the moment, due largely to his grandfather's legacy, that he's enjoying being part of a dynasty that should never have existed. That, early on at least, his grandfather promised wouldn't exist.

I've met most of Fidel's sons at parties and dinners over the years and unless you know them, you'd never know. They don't go on about it or have exotic cats on leads with them. Many of us here have been at parties with one or more of Fidel's sons. I'd guess often without knowing, though every Cuban knows who they are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

not defending either side in any way and i would be stunned if there were not many instances where cuban forces downed arms and swapped sides but i am not sure you can call it a con job. the attack on the barracks was back in 1953. not sure they were faking battles back then and for the next few years. it took a further six years of fighting and insurgency to get rid of batista - he may well have seen the writing on the wall at the finish, although plenty of accounts suggest he was very surprised the revolution was successful. 

but i would join everyone in suspecting that castro and his ilk led very privileged lives after the revolution, in comparison with fellow cuban. 

It was certainly more than a stage act. Two failed raids, cats of terrorism, kidnapping etc. Cuba made the mistake of letting him, Raul and Che out the first time and cutting off the Cuban govt from arms and ammunition. https://www.britannica.com/event/Cuban-Revolution/The-rise-of-Castro-and-the-outbreak-of-revolution

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 10:47 PM, Fuzz said:

That's a CLK interior. And the key fob plug in is behind the push button start. For newer models with a smart key fob, there will be a slot under the dash to plug in the fob, if you need to authorise.

Mercedes. How to install start stop button - YouTube

Yep, exactly. In fact quite an old mb which you can probably pick up for about 10 grand on carsales in decent condition.