Your favourite Peter James Cigar case alternative

Hello Everyone, 

I have decided to tell Santa aka my wife I want a cigar travel case for Christmas. Ideally I wanted a Peter James Case, they are truly lovely but at $395 usd or $520 cdn that is very steep. Wish they had cdn prices since they are actually located 45 minutes away from me in Oakville! 

I am looking for a slightly cheaper alternative that is leather and stitched properly. Do you gents have any suggestions? 

So far my top choice has been these project carbon cigar travel cases. A big plus is that it has a dedicated spot for my perfect draw :)

https://projectcarboninc.com/shop/ols/products

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ReelMan said:

What are the long cylindrical pieces on the side with the lighter and cutter?

Those are cigar tools made by Troy Woodworks here in the US https://troyswoodworks.com/. He makes a cigar poker using the Perfect Draw, cigar nub tool and stand. Also, under the standard Velcro cigar tool holders in the Sotelo case are elastic slots made to hold a regular perfect draw and pen. 

• Like 1

Just now, lionfish323 said:

Those are cigar tools made by Troy Woodworks here in the US https://troyswoodworks.com/. He makes a cigar poker using the Perfect Draw, cigar nub tool and stand. Also, under the standard Velcro cigar tool holders in the Sotelo case are elastic slots made to hold a regular perfect draw and pen. 

So the perfect draw won't fit right? too thin 

+1 For ProjectCarbon. Mine was just delivered yesterday and it is great. I got mine in a seconds sale (which come up time to time on the site). Apparently some small permanent marker stain on it meant a big discount. Took a chance... I can't find the stain yet... looks good to me!

photo_2020-10-22 09.15.27.jpeg

photo_2020-10-22 09.15.33.jpeg

• Like 2

I don’t have one. But I really like the look of the Project Carbon one. So clean. And his seconds on his site which are so minor make me really appreciate the attention to detail and quality control. My next purchase is a PC case. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 1:21 PM, Subcomandante said:

I don’t have one. But I really like the look of the Project Carbon one. So clean. And his seconds on his site which are so minor make me really appreciate the attention to detail and quality control. My next purchase is a PC case. 

Alan does a great job even his mistakes he offers are a steal I hang out with him when he hosts cigar and dinner events! Very humble and great person to be around! He gives away cigar cases as raffles along with other great prizes! His two finger cigar case is great as well

Screenshot_20200827-105907_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200827-105925_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20200827-105913_Instagram.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Astar20 said:

Alan does a great job even his mistakes he offers are a steal I hang out with him when he hosts cigar and dinner events! Very humble and great person to be around! He gives away cigar cases as raffles along with other great prizes! His two finger cigar case is great as well

I know I see his blemished units and think to myself they are perfect and most people without OCD wouldn’t notice. And the discount is awesome. I live a few minutes away from the events. Once this thing passes I might go to one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...