Plantation Pineapple Rum review required ............it's for the forum

Would love to have a review on this rum. It sounds as if it would pair perfectly with many a cigar. 

Go on....do the hard yards for FOH members :D

Plantation Rum.JPG

PLANTATION PINEAPPLE RUM

Inspired by a formula from 1840 and a tribute to the character created by Charles Dickens in the Pickwick Papers, this rum was developed by spirits writer David Wondrich and Master Blender Alexandre Gabriel in 2011. The rum doesn't add generic pineapple flavoring but instead infuses the barks of Victoria pineapples with Plantation 3 Stars rum while the fruit of the pineapple is infused with Plantation Original Dark rum separately. The two are finally blended, creating a truly unique spirit that is a welcome addition to dozens of cocktails and is just as pleasing to sip on its own.

• Like 1

Saw this when deciding on a rum. I have tried Plantation before and was looking for a bottle but no sure which one. I decided on the XO. Would be interested in hearing about the pineapple version too.

Have had it several times. Its sweet, the pineapple is not overly pronounced, but it is clearly there. Very weird, but in a good way. I'm not such a purist that the infused flavour bothers me, but I understand completely those who will never like it.

I have had it with a cigar many times. Mostly smaller sticks. It was good, but I prefer something a little more robust and rich with any cigar.

The rum is not something that will find a home in my bar, but I will also not turn it down if offered to me. Wether I am smoking or not.

I've had a few bottles of this, i didn't try it neat but in a dark and stormy format, its very good, the pineapple flavour is very pronounced and with some freshly squeezed lime and ginger beer its the perfect summer drink with a cigar.  Only issue is that I finished a bottle with a friend in one afternoon, very addictive.

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack the thread but if you're looking for a rum to pair with a cigar, this is my current favourite. The extra aging in Sherry casks gives it a wonderful sweetness that goes well with any cigar IMHO.

rum_dos2.jpg

Since we’re in the pineapple state I’ll keep a look out. Recently bought a bottle of tequila that made me completely rethink it as a cigar go-to, delightful stuff. 

I paid $22.99 for a bottle USD
Decided to pair with a 2013 LGC Mdo2
This review will be short and to the point because there is not much to tell from my experience.
Smells very tropical.
I drank this neat.
Initial sip has a nice warming effect then the flavors kick in.
I taste banana. Maybe a hint of pineapple but mostly banana. It’s not a good banana either. It reminded me of that syrup they put on snow cones. As I drank more that banana syrup flavor strengthened. I could not get it out of my head that this stuff would be best with pancakes. The bottle now sits at the top of the pantry until I figure out what to mix it with or a guest who doesn’t enjoy good spirits comes over.
43088fa75a708bca4f914275d518500e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Picked up a bottle for $24 here in California. Sweet rum, nice change of pace with pineapple notes on the finish. Sipped neat & was wishing it was higher proof with a little more bite. Smoked an aged PLPC with it & thought it was a good pairing. Good & worth the $ but not great. Mixed it into a dark & stormy cocktail & enjoyed it more. Better in a cocktail than a sipper IMO.

Picked up my bottle and cracked it yesterday. I found it quite enjoyable - usually I find rum in this price range unsuitable for sipping, but this one was just fine. Quite strong pineapple flavor and nose. Not something for every day but a nice change of pace. I would recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well where to start. I followed the recommendation on the bottle and mixed a splash of hot water with three sugar cubes, waited for the sugar to dissolve and topped up with two oz of rum.

Compared to drinking it near and also on the rocks the hot water takes away the harshness, the sugar sweetens it and the hotness allows the flavours to come out. It's yummy.

Paired with a Romeo Julieta Petit Churchill that is burning evenly and slowly it is truly delightful, sweet, slightly nutty, and in fairness has a Partagas tang. So perhaps a better pairing with Partagas? Knew I should have had an 898 with it....