Comp: From 1970 to now. The one cigar you could bring back ...at least for yourself.

15 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Any cigar? Then it's the Dunhill Malecon for me!

tqvQXfo.jpg

etIoiAT.jpg

Chose this as the one I had chance to smoke was fantastic and I'd welcome the opportunity to smoke these on a regular basis. Cabinetta was also a great smoke but Lonsdales over Robustos I say!

WOOOHOOOO - !!!  BIG dreamer! :2thumbs:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Diplomatico #6 In my opinion, the HSA portfolio needs 2 things, more regular production Diplomatico Vitolas and more long and skinny formats Lets kill 2 birds with one stone

Any cigar? Then it's the Dunhill Malecon for me! Chose this as the one I had chance to smoke was fantastic and I'd welcome the opportunity to smoke these on a regular basis. Cabinetta w

I'm not saying I'd win but I'm a mod so I excuse myself from the competition but I need to post this. Someone else posted the Dunhill Malecon, once of the best cigars I've ever had, and in great

I'm not saying I'd win but I'm a mod so I excuse myself from the competition but I need to post this. Someone else posted the Dunhill Malecon, once of the best cigars I've ever had, and in great company. But for me, for one cigar since the 1970s, the old style Partagas Lusitania, as it was until 1976. I like Lusitanias now but they're slightly too long.

50 rg and 10mm less in length, close to a perfect cigar for me.

Here's one from 1972 beside a much younger version.

[mention=3053]Ryan[/mention] is so right with 109 being the perfect size. And if he can’t enter....I’ll enter on his behalf...

Second (or one of my own creation) would of course be the BCE. [mention=5942]boosted[/mention] turned me back on to them,[mention=6855]nonameno[/mention] graciously helped me get some, and[mention=79]pigfish[/mention]....well he sent me this picture to just stare at every now and again...haha.

43f59b4d918da45175b0e5b898a99595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow Tapatalk was a doozy with that one! Whew...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As others have said and posted pictures. The LGC no2 would be my choice. It’s a great size and the flavor profile works for all occasions. I wish they were still available why couldn’t they have left those and took the no4s?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm not saying I'd win but I'm a mod so I excuse myself from the competition but I need to post this.

Someone else posted the Dunhill Malecon, once of the best cigars I've ever had, and in great company.

But for me, for one cigar since the 1970s, the old style Partagas Lusitania, as it was until 1976. I like Lusitanias now but they're slightly too long.

50 rg and 10mm less in length, close to a perfect cigar for me.

Here's one from 1972 beside a much younger version.

I have to agree with this one, the 109 format was spectacular!

I fortunately haven't been around the cc game long enough to encounter something I treasure, and then watch it disappear. However, I was gifted a 2003 hdm Des dieux recently. The best cigar I've ever smoked. Then I did a pay it forward on some hard to find pipe tobacco. This was waiting for me today. 5 more 2003 Des dieux. Glorious! I wish I could find them today knowing they will turn into this with some age. 76ccfa4241ff4cfd86940093565a8f2c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Some great choices here - Partagas SdC line, discontinued coronas, Bolivar CE, etc. I don't have experience with the '70s or '80s "classics".... The first cigar that came to mind for me was the Partagas de Partagas No.1. I thought that it shared the traits of it's family, but was just a little smoother, more bready, if that makes sense. Every one was a joy to smoke, and I'd have no problem with an infinite humidor full.

Side note, with no animosity - I think when the HSA fairy metamorphoses into the Cuban cigar fairy, we'll be in better stead

1 hour ago, Ferrero said:

Time to draw a winner! 

This weeks random winner is @IanMcLean68!

Congratulations :2thumbs: Send me a PM with your preferred shipping address and the crew will get a prize out to you.

Wow, awesome! Thanks @Ferrero and @El Presidente, you just made my day :-) I think that is the first time I have ever won anything in a draw!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dunhill Cabinetta for me.  In the 90s I used to buy singles when I could find them, and each one was better than the next.  I remember them tasting so nutty, with coffee and cream flavors.  I would love to be able to buy them again.

If I was to include non regular production cigars, I loved the cigars from the 1492 humidor.

I fondly remember some RyJ coronas from around 2007 that were absolutely stellar....Super fruity and intense with leather and  wood. There were also some custom rolls the shop offered that were also off the charts....A Salomon from that place was easily one of the top 3 cigars I've ever smoked. Mild, but packed with tea and cream with stone fruit and dank earth.

May these two last for evermore

On top the most excellent of complex, creamy and smooth but full flavored cigars the Cohiba Reserva 2003 Pyramide. If silk would taste of full flavoured and complex Cuban tobacco.

At the bottom Santiago 500. Silk meets velvet and alcohol. 

Together simply sublime??

A lifetime of both would be highly appreciated

427E5DF3-C8C8-4A0A-9E8E-40EFFA0613DF.jpeg

Btw this picture was taken next to that €100.000 humidor?