Comp: From 1970 to now. The one cigar you could bring back ...at least for yourself.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Diplomatico #6 In my opinion, the HSA portfolio needs 2 things, more regular production Diplomatico Vitolas and more long and skinny formats Lets kill 2 birds with one stone

Any cigar? Then it's the Dunhill Malecon for me! Chose this as the one I had chance to smoke was fantastic and I'd welcome the opportunity to smoke these on a regular basis. Cabinetta w

I'm not saying I'd win but I'm a mod so I excuse myself from the competition but I need to post this. Someone else posted the Dunhill Malecon, once of the best cigars I've ever had, and in great

I want the "Fancy Tales of Smoke" 39 x 6.7" back, But I want it in a Habanos Seleccion Sampler box

1x Gloria Cubana FTS

1x Diplomaticos FTS

1x ERDM FTS

1x PL FTS

1x Quai D'Orsay FTS

1x Rafael Gonzalez FTS

This would be a super little book box of magic sweetness.  Sit is down for 5 years and let the closed feet keep in all the goodness. 

Partagas.jpg

• Like 4

Another vote here for a Cuban Davidoff. The 1000 and 2000 look like a great size for just regular, not special occasion, smoking. Some of the finest (in the sense of 'refined ') cigars I've had have been Davidoff - the Escurio Robusto and WC Churchill - and combining their undoubted finesse with Cuban tobacco would be quite something to experience.

• Like 1

This was a tough one for me.  My first instincts were the Davidoff No 1.  But I'm a big La Escepcion fan, so I'd go for a lifetime supply of the La Escepcion Coronas Extra Largas.

La-Esc-CL.jpg.385a1bf123b737894d9382bc1088f749.jpg

I had two and down to one left I reviewed one back in 2016 here.

PS.  As a mod, I'll remove myself from the contest portion of this thread.  :)

• Like 1

I like smaller RG long cigars. But the Churchill-esq size is another favorite of mine. A ehile back I found a thread on FoH about a Tang Monarch and did some research around it. Turns out there was a regular production H. Upmann monarch as well that has been discontinued. I'm guessing it wouldn't be the same blend as the Tang Monarch but the background story has me interested in trying a HU Monarcas.

SmartSelectImage_2018-02-13-08-15-10.thumb.jpg.b2279252d24fd4bb8a99323a7b96db9a.jpg

• Like 1

The only cigar that I've lamented being discontinued since I started smoking (plenty that I've smoked that were discontinued prior to me being of legal smoking age) is the Trinidad Robusto T. Ring gauge was a bit big, but I never had one that disappointed. They were pricey, but I wish I had stocked up on 10+ boxes of it because the Robo T was one of my absolute favorites.

trinidad-robusto-t.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MooseAMuffin said:

I like smaller RG long cigars. But the Churchill-esq size is another favorite of mine. A while back I found a thread on FoH about a Tang Monarch and did some research around it. 

I know you opted for the discontinued HU Monarch, but the Tang Monarch seems like it would be a brilliant choice for this thread,  I seem to remember Rob indicating at one point that it was one of the most closely-held cigars in the collections of those who have them.

• Like 2

I have not had either but would be a toss up between RAPC and Diplo. 4.  95% of what I smoke are PC’s, so I imagine I’d love either of these. Love RASCC’s and Diplo 3. Just wish they were in a PC size!

4A8E13D3-8491-4CF4-B63B-320B7DA4BA5A.jpeg

CDF16085-3BEF-4FA1-9607-7B8321C20E94.jpeg

• Like 3

Have tried to track down the Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 2 a few times over the years. Have a couple singles hiding in one of my coolidors. Would love this one to come back as a regular production. Heck would be great if the whole SdC line was brought back!

data-cigars-kubinskie-cigar-partagas-ser

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rckymtn22 said:

Have tried to track down the Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 2 a few times over the years. Have a couple singles hiding in one of my coolidors. Would love this one to come back as a regular production. Heck would be great if the whole SdC line was brought back!

data-cigars-kubinskie-cigar-partagas-ser

Be nice if they were still 125$cuc ... while we are fantasizing .

derrek

19 minutes ago, planetary said:

I know you opted for the discontinued HU Monarch, but the Tang Monarch seems like it would be a brilliant choice for this thread,  I seem to remember Rob indicating at one point that it was one of the most closely-held cigars in the collections of those who have them.

I agree @planetary. I would rather have the Tang Monarch than the regular production that was discontinued. I wasn't sure if it was something I could select since it was a 1 time special blend release for someone and not a regular production, RE or LE.

But now that I read your post and think about it, my logic was dumb as there are one time releases, i.e. Cohiba 1966 or grand reservas, that people might want to be brought back. Let's be honest, no one has ever accused me of being smart.:dunce:

So after a quick reflection on my flawed logic, I'd definitely choose the Tang Monarch. 

Here is a link to a thread about it on FoH for anyone interested: 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 99call said:

I want the "Fancy Tales of Smoke" 39 x 6.7" back, But I want it in a Habanos Seleccion Sampler box

1x Gloria Cubana FTS

1x Diplomaticos FTS

1x ERDM FTS

1x PL FTS

1x Quai D'Orsay FTS

1x Rafael Gonzalez FTS

This would be a super little book box of magic sweetness.  Sit is down for 5 years and let the closed feet keep in all the goodness. 

Partagas.jpg

Plus, Fancy Tales of Smoke is just an amazing name for a cigar. Never had any, but the size seems great.

Just now, Danimalia said:

Plus, Fancy Tales or Smoke is just an amazing name for a cigar. Never had any, but the size seems great.

I  (nor, I imagine anyone else on here has), But to me, it would have the perfect 'mechanics' for a complex, sweet, aromatic smoke. Plus the closed foot may allow for interesting ageing. 

Yep the name is much better then whatever is coming next in the BS Habanos line. It can only be a matter of time before people are smoking "Optimus Prime" EL's 

• Like 1