Superbowl : Game Day Thread

Congrats to the Eagles, they played a better game and had the hunger and drive for their first championship.

Patriots started slow, at times the defence seems to be sleeping. There were signs of brilliance but Eagles dictated the game most of the way.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Super Bowl day started with a Cohiba Secretos and coffee. My first Secretos ever. After a light lunch salad I did some reading with a Fonseca No 1. Finally game time is here. The gang headed o

Some whistle pig 10 year and my first ever parti short before kickoff. Yum and yum! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Glad to see the Pats lose! Falcons fans would cheer for anyone else, Smoked some racks of ribs and burned a Lusi GR. Good night....

but how bizarre is sport!

the reigning superbowl MVP is likely to be benched first game next season and may not even get to throw a pass all year.

eagles look scary for the future. very few of their roster coming up on free agency and a heap of top players injured coming back. cracking coaching team.

NFC East back to NFC Beast but not the way one would like.

Glad to see the Pats lose! Falcons fans would cheer for anyone else,

Smoked some racks of ribs and burned a Lusi GR. Good night....

udwz6gt.jpg

• Like 4

That was a great game! The Eagles played really well tonight. I have to agree with Ken on how they are looking going forward. 

Had a great HU No.2 during the first half.

5a77e32546128_IMG_5508(2).thumb.JPG.47053541d5da4b3db22c2fe7d6ec0c6a.JPG

Followed by a an outstanding Monte PE paired with a coffee stout, match made in heaven. 

5a77e39696e87_IMG_5536(2).thumb.JPG.9dd8f66db94f19dc58ed850b988d4a7c.JPG 

5a77e3d67a44f_IMG_5556(2).thumb.JPG.f235470d72c503a697ae62a585304608.JPG

• Like 3

Awesome feeling here in Philly to finally win a Super Bowl!!  This is the end of generations of painful disappointment and disrespect.  Scared schitless in the 2nd half with NE’s offense but we strapped it on and got the big dub.  Wow! what a game!!  Ken, I said it was a changing of the guard and I was right. Get used to it my friend.

Pictured below are my sausage and white bean stew, out of this world thank you, and the scene in Center City Philly. Cradle of Liberty. Champions again at last!

B41130D2-A668-44E0-BE63-936D8380E8CF.jpeg

A32AAD8B-D5CD-4CBC-9858-613C4AB495CB.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Philc2001 said:

Super Bowl day started with a Cohiba Secretos and coffee. My first Secretos ever.
9177e8cb4d8ea44c2b16215a56ee5eee.jpg

After a light lunch salad I did some reading with a Fonseca No 1.
efad6775e64e30bc2b0c8d175e2b2147.jpg

Finally game time is here. The gang headed over to the local Ale House... 

IMG_7409.thumb.JPG.774ca49cebb57697e28eb87f2b87552a.JPG

Suitably seated in the outdoor patio, serving buckets of beer and greasy wings... the Super Bowl tradition :)
2d6a8648cf6cf18e52c0a7d565078001.jpg
609fb23975c49dbc720e5b32633a690f.jpg
a4e8afdf12b57dc9469da32ede8692b7.jpg

At half time I went with a Le Hoyo du Depute, a suitable toast to watch the Eagles win.
61767d2350a22701ae255cf6e265548a.jpg

The after party was a nice and cozy backyard Tiki style, with a little pour of Irish single malt, and a Por Larranaga Panetela night cap.
3f5eff6afef5588504c06eb37ba78f53.jpg
5a86f26af503891f5bd594a6ef8a54b7.jpg

What a day! What a night! I'm so glad the Eagles won. I was a bit torn on this one, had the Patriots won it would have been a dynastic moment in history that would probably stand for another 100 years. But I've had enough of the "come from behind" Patriots, it's long overdue for some fresh faces, some fresh blood. 

Congratulations EAGLES!

That’s how you “Super Bowl!”  Wow ... looks like an awesome day!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

had a hoyo flor extrafina from 07 (and coffee - just don't really get cigars and coffee). i swear, when the iggles were doing well, it tasted bitter, acrid. when the pats plated well, sweet and complex. needless to say, it finished badly.

i know it is the pats/brady (my spellcheck keeps turning pats into past - an omen?) but hard to see the iggles losing this.

and it might come back to the fact that brady dropped a pass and foles caught his. who would have thought it!

Eagles.          What is (iggles)??

i'll confess i had other things to do post game - it was a week day for us, after all - so didn't watch the post game stuff. the other reason being i am not someone who likes to inflict pain on myself.

have just seen that the lombardi was presented to the iggles by darrell green. oh, how cruel is that. if ever we wanted evidence that the football gods are just kicking the crap out of the skins, that was it.

i read where someone said that the walk to the podium with the trophy, the great man had never gone slower. and the photo of the look on his face! sheer horror. he was always a class act and not turning and running off with it must have been one of the hardest things he has done.

on a slightly different matter, the way the iggles have juggled/drafted/traded QBs in comparison to the unholy mess the skins find themselves in shows just how nice it would be not to have the worst bunch of muppets and tossers in any front office in the history of the game. seriously, our blokes could make cleveland worse.

I feel it is only appropriate to follow up Ken's post with ... the parade celebrating our win this Thursday is no more then 4 city blocks from my house.  I'm looking forward to it!

The question I have been racking my brain with is what cigars to bring?  I'm thinking I'll start with an Partagas Serie D #4 at 11.  Then a Monte Double Edmundo after lunch.  Not sure what to finish with though, a BBF or a Padron 1926?  I've hadn't had a 1926 in ages. 

• Like 1

Awesome feeling here in Philly to finally win a Super Bowl!!  This is the end of generations of painful disappointment and disrespect.  Scared schitless in the 2nd half with NE’s offense but we strapped it on and got the big dub.  Wow! what a game!!  Ken, I said it was a changing of the guard and I was right. Get used to it my friend.
Pictured below are my sausage and white bean stew, out of this world thank you, and the scene in Center City Philly. Cradle of Liberty. Champions again at last!
B41130D2-A668-44E0-BE63-936D8380E8CF.thumb.jpeg.495792fb136382864e095b48fe81572d.jpeg
A32AAD8B-D5CD-4CBC-9858-613C4AB495CB.thumb.jpeg.4db83b2206c22d8383052923066b6421.jpeg

How about a recipe for your bean stew? My mouth is watering!!!

Happy for the Eagles fan to celebrate but why the crazy almost riot like behaviour and looting ??!?!?!

Drunken behaviour is one thing, being happy is another but to take it out on other people's property in their own state is not right. Why the anger / angst?

5 minutes ago, jay8354 said:

Happy for the Eagles fan to celebrate but why the crazy almost riot like behaviour and looting ??!?!?!

Drunken behaviour is one thing, being happy is another but to take it out on other people's property in their own state is not right. Why the anger / angst?

welcome to the world of the iggles fans.

in fairness, they may have done even more damage had they lost.

Pretty sure it isn’t the real fans doing that. There are plenty of a-holes in any big city who look for opportunities like this to cause havoc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome to the world of the iggles fans.
in fairness, they may have done even more damage had they lost.

Pretty broad brush your using Ken.

Was there a draw for this, I think I missed it while I was running for cover from 1000 point stock market routs.

Although I don't have a great understanding of the game, it's always a fantastic spectacle.

Everyone's comments and photos were much appreciated. Love seeing what you guys get up to for events like this.

I threw all the names into a Random Picker draw and we have a winner!

Congratulations to @Pharmacovigilant

Flick me a PM with your shipping details.

SB.JPG

• Like 1