Bucket List Holiday Destination

For me, having hit many countries on 6 of the 7 continents, there are still quite a few places on my list.

Parts of India I've not seen. Egypt. More of China. Antartica the far dream.

Iceland's on the list. Nepal. Several countries in central and eastern Europe along with southeast Asia.

New Zealand and much of the Tahitian islands.

So many places, so little time.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Philc2001 said:

Food often lures me to new destinations, I love to eat. Hence, my trip to Thailand was memorable for the incredible Thai food I had, such as the Khao Soi in Chiang Mai... oh my, that was a close to bliss as one can get through gastronomy. Along the way I got to see some incredible temples, great scenic landscapes, and I met some of the nicest people on earth. Similarly in Bangkok, where my wife got some incredible spa and massage treatments, and I got some fantastic culinary experiences in Bangrak district. 

Italy is another foodie dream destination, with fantastic history and scenic landscapes. If you're into the historical monuments, architecture and galleries, Rome and Florence are incredible, and along the way between them you have Tuscany, which is not only a foodie dreamer's delight, but a fantastic wine region to boot.

Another two key areas on my foodie bucket list are Spain and Portugal. I've passed briefly through Spain, but I need a proper vacation there.

Between the rich history, the great food and wine, and the incredible landscapes, there is something for everyone to enjoy, and never get bored. All four destinations are also very high on my retirement relocation plan when that time comes. 

All these places are also very high on my travel list! Traveling and eating are so intertwined for me, so many places to visit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Philc2001 said:

Food often lures me to new destinations, I love to eat. Hence, my trip to Thailand was memorable for the incredible Thai food I had, such as the Khao Soi in Chiang Mai... oh my, that was a close to bliss as one can get through gastronomy.

If you want a food vacation, go to Singapore.  Bar none when it comes to food.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2018 at 2:33 PM, BrightonCorgi said:

If you want a food vacation, go to Singapore.  Bar none when it comes to food.

Couldn't agree more! Some of the best food I've had was in Singapore and next door in Kuala Lumpur.

• Like 3

The British Virgin Islands is the place for us.  It just feels like home everytime we go....like we belong there.  We absolutely love it.  Some bucket list vacations of ours are a tour of the Rocky Mountains from the US into Canada, a tour of California from end to end, and we'd like to spend some time seeing the UK and several European countries.  There's also a couple "man trips" I'd like to make.  Fishing and fish collecting in South America and diving lake Malawi are bucket list trips of mine with the guys.  

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, El Presidente said:

You have the time. 

You have saved hard and you have the money.

You have between two and four weeks.

Where would you go/what would you do and why? Google up and post a few pics. :ok:

Two weeks in Oz, lots of visits with the Mrs. and kiddies to see the Czar's crew, meet old and new friends alike on their "home turf", and see all that the Bris-vegas coast has to offer.  Followed up by two weeks of southeast Asia country hopping.

A  rerun of my NZ hiking trip from 1999 would be good this time with my boy, I'd think..

As then we'll buy/rent a Motorhome and start at the South Island with the easy hike and canoe combo of the Tasman trail and finish up at the North island at the Tongariro circuit...let's see if I can still finish the Tongariro crossing in under 6 hours, including a volcano lunch...

In between we'll go whale watching, skiing, visit the Meuller Hut route, take the Milford and Kepler tracks, go rafting at Qeenstown, visit Eden Park, camp at the campsites.... all of the good stuff. Food will be steak and greens on the grill and one after dinner smoke each night. 

On 2/1/2018 at 10:07 PM, madandana said:

Ireland- To sit in an old Irish pub and sing. Hopefully hook up with the Foxes and Andy Ryan.

Anytime Mike! Just give the word. We'd love to have you over.

For me, two weeks in a 4X4 in Iceland in June driving around the rim with a few days in Reykjavik would be great.

If I had 4 weeks, I'd like to see more of Spain. A week in the north, Basque Country/Galicia/Rioja, A week in eastern Andalucia, Grenada, Murcia, Cartagena and two weeks in a zig-zag route down.

Another 4 week one would be a US-trip, across the north, down the west, back the south. 4 weeks would just about do it.

All these with the family of course.

Actually my No. 1 bucket list trip is to get my wife and two boys to Cuba for a week or 10 days. Looking into it for Christmas. I'd love Nicola to see it.

If I had 4 weeks on my own, then Cuba. On a motorbike, I'd have to learn first. Santiago, Trinidad and Holguin would be nice to see. Finish up with a few days nursing my arse in a bucket of Mojito on the patio of the Nacional.

Buen Provecho!

• Like 2

On 2/2/2018 at 11:53 PM, Philc2001 said:

Food often lures me to new destinations, I love to eat. Hence, my trip to Thailand was memorable for the incredible Thai food I had, such as the Khao Soi in Chiang Mai... oh my, that was a close to bliss as one can get through gastronomy. Along the way I got to see some incredible temples, great scenic landscapes, and I met some of the nicest people on earth.

I second this 100% I have been lucky to go to Chiang Mai 3 times in the last couple of years and the food is amazing. So many dishes but my favourite was Khao Kha Moo (soy pork and egg sort of stew).

If money was no object I would like to go to Alaska or Canada and go hunting.