INDUSTRIAL GRADE COLD WEATHER ASHTRAY

The stinkys look awesome, but will definitely be too light. I have a tied down, industrial umbrella on my roof deck, the base has 300 lbs of sand, that thing moved a good 1 1/2 feet during a storm this winter and tipped over 45 Degrees.
The old ashtray I had up there never moved, it was ceramic large, deep circular tray weighed about 3 pounds. 2 1/2 pounds is about as light as I could go.
Leader in the clubhouse is the 7x7 square grid pewter baby recommended by MK above that I assume weighs a **** ton.
The winds in Chicago are just unbelievable. I live on the top floor of a condo building, our deck is on the top floor (5th) roof. You would be stunned at the difference in wind and temperature between ground level and the roof. There have been days where the winds on the ground have been 5 mph and the roof 15 mph with gusts to 20.

I lived in the west loop for about 5 years. The food is the only thing I miss.

I would go for the metal grid ashtray.

2 hours ago, Buck14 said:

The winds in Chicago are just unbelievable. I live on the top floor of a condo building, our deck is on the top floor (5th) roof. You would be stunned at the difference in wind and temperature between ground level and the roof. There have been days where the winds on the ground have been 5 mph and the roof 15 mph with gusts to 20.

Here in the coastal northeast, that's called a breeze :wink2:

Good luck with the new tray - it looks like a nice piece.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
UPDATE..

This pewter 7x7 ashtray is awesome! The perfect ashtray for 4 Seasons in a harsh climate like Chicago. 
I LOVE IT!
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/p/square-grid-ashtray-ashtrays/1514810/
67E1BD95-18B2-46ED-A549-2CB3750A1BE2.thumb.jpeg.3765c1d1c762a34275c873bd83610d4e.jpeg

I have this very one and one thing has ticked me off so much that I stopped using it: the holes are smaller than 50 RG, so you can’t just put the ash of a larger RG cigar through - you end up kind of flicking it off and it just lays there on the grid. It will blow away or you end up pushing it through with your finger or something - that’s BS.

Not recommended.

On 6/4/2018 at 9:09 PM, Lotusguy said:

I have this very one and one thing has ticked me off so much that I stopped using it: the holes are smaller than 50 RG, so you can’t just put the ash of a larger RG cigar through - you end up kind of flicking it off and it just lays there on the grid. It will blow away or you end up pushing it through with your finger or something - that’s BS.

Not recommended.

You might just have to work a little harder getting your big stick into that small whorehole!:D

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2018 at 1:07 AM, Buck14 said:

UPDATE..

This pewter 7x7 ashtray is awesome! The perfect ashtray for 4 Seasons in a harsh climate like Chicago. 

I LOVE IT!

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/p/square-grid-ashtray-ashtrays/1514810/

67E1BD95-18B2-46ED-A549-2CB3750A1BE2.jpeg

I rock one of these outside, we live in a wind tunnel as well and the bands and ash stay in there with no drama.  But yeah, anything over a robusto makes a little mess till you make it have it.  Small price to pay!  I got the Sautters of London branded one for what its worth.