Upmann Anejados GLA OCT 17?

So, I've just heard back from the Habanos sales rep. And ha said that this seems to be a problem regarding all GLA codes and are in fact from -11. I really don't know what to make of it. For me, the taste is anejados-esque, more than any brand resemblance.  Thanks for all feedback! 

On 1/27/2018 at 11:21 AM, Benzopyrene said:

I always figured these were just recycled Upmann robusto EL's they couldnt sell the first time around. 

Completely different cigars to my palate. 

• Like 3

Tonight I smoked a H. Upmann Robusto Anejados, and it was an utter JOY - First few puffs were salty almonds, but then it settled into wood, cream, and what i can only term as demerara sugar. By the half way mark the sugar turned into a deeper, fruitier treacle, and the wood became heavier and more spicy tones came to the fore. 

I know there has been some questions over the Anejados range, and certainly past additions have been lacklustre at best, however for me this smoke was a revelation. Besides, even if it turns out that it IS a marketing ploy to shift older stock that's been relabelled, i couldn't give a fig. For me, the truth is in the smoking, and this smoked a treat.   :lol::wub:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2018 at 2:32 PM, thedame007 said:

Besides, even if it turns out that it IS a marketing ploy to shift older stock that's been relabelled, i couldn't give a fig. For me, the truth is in the smoking, and this smoked a treat.

Always been my position as well. I don't care what it is, what they call it or when it's from. If it smokes great, I'm in. Unfortunately, thus far the Anejados, on the whole, have not smoked well enough to for me to think that this was anything HSA put any effort into or was designed to be good or with any vision. Glad to hear the HUR might buck that trend.

• Like 2