I Weep For Our Youth...

6 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

That is Natural Selection at its finest. If you are over the age of 5 and think eating a Tide Pod is good idea, well, no more propagation of your genes.

Unfortunately, those same people tend to breed before they reach the age of 35.

7 hours ago, Bartolomeo said:

Could be worse, some kids are eating Tide Pods ?

I was completely expecting that to be the body of the original post when I clicked!

• Haha 1

Yeah there is a lot worse then credit card Monopoly that's for sure. Speaking of Monopoly the family and I just played that the other day. Didn't finish so I took a pic of the board and counted out everyone's properties and money and wrote it down In a notebook for later. But, this thread brings up somethijf that's been on my mind. I noticed that the Monopoly that I bought for my kids ohh almost a decade ago has a $M instead of just a $ on it. I don't remember the Monopoly I played as a kid having this $M on it so now it got me thinking if I'm remembering correctly or did Monopoly always have the $M on it instead of a $. Anyone know? 91ecc12a776b7afdaf9aca5f929e98de.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, fitzy said:

Sigaar that drives me nuts. We have a bunch of places here in NYC that dAlso I saw a post on Reddit the other day where these millennials had the balls to say the 1% have enough cash for everyone and that they shouldn't have to work. 

The proverbial 1% isn't all that impressive in terms of income.  Assets yes, but that's a one-time gain (if you were expropriate those assets and give them to 'needy' millennials).  In terms of recurring income the Top 1% of income globally is only $32,000/year, because of the overwhelming number of poor in the world.  So you can spread that $32K around a bit, but it really won't go very far.  In the U.S., the Top 1% of income earners roll with about $400,000/year in income (or more), and while that $400K will go farther, it only goes about as far as 8 college tuitions.

Probably better to just bring back the Draft and learn those kiddies a thing or two about life and work. :P 

15 hours ago, nino said:

No worries, it's not a bad phase if you know how to manage it -

I am old, grumpy and retired and it gets me to Havana a few times a year ... :P

5a676902e4a55_ninogrumpy.jpg.ed9d74edcd2d7fefdb6f002ac2833093.jpg

Well I can see why you are grumpy. With all that food on table you are eating bread and drinking water :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Iznogood said:

Well I can see why you are grumpy. With all that food on table you are eating bread and drinking water :)

Touche .... those were my weekly 5 minutes of diet and liver cleansing ...:)

Cheers !

5a686d7dda478_CUBA2017GALLERY0214.thumb.jpg.bbb4a50c997cb8ab5d67b84745d573f8.jpg

• Like 1

I fear not for the kiddos but much of the hot lady folk. I went out with my buddy and his second day tinder date last night. Decent bar, music, nice crowd. Everyone on their phones..... wtf!

17 hours ago, 99call said:

I cant wait for the "I'm Offended"  game. Two teams, you can either be the Alt Left or the Alt Right. There is no dialogue in this game. Points are awarded or deducted based on how cutting either team can be with their hand drawn illustrations, depicted members of the opposite team as a frog of some form or another. 

It's like Pictionary for people with no sense of humour. 

It will never work.  All you will get are arguments over the points. "There's no evidence that points are rising due to player-related factors!" "1% of the players have 95% of the points! The gap must be closed!" "They've come over here to this side of the board and are taking all our points!" "We need freedom of movement around the game board so that everyone can benefit from more points!"  They'll be stabbing each other with the pencils.

• Haha 1

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, El Presidente said:

Meriton apartments in Oz haven't taken cash payments  for two years. Then they charge you 1.25% for use of a credit card. 

Harry Triguboff was always able to get a little extra out of any deal or transaction.

When I was on the Development Committee of a Local Council, Harry would always harangue the Committee / Council for an increase in site density and floor space ratio, despite the area's zoning.......(too) many times he won.

That obviously why he is one of Australia's richest men.  B)

10 minutes ago, Trevor2118 said:

Harry Triguboff was always able to get a little extra out of any deal or transaction.

When I was on the Development Committee of a Local Council, Harry would always harangue the Committee / Council for an increase in site density and floor space ratio, despite the area's zoning.......(too) many times he won.

That obviously why he is one of Australia's richest men.  B)

trev, my experience with harry - always found him a nice guy - was that he would bully you to the extent he could or you would let him, and if he got away with it, he'd have no respect for you. but if you stood up to him and had the arguments to back up your position, he was fine and very reasonable.

14 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

trev, my experience with harry - always found him a nice guy - was that he would bully you to the extent he could or you would let him, and if he got away with it, he'd have no respect for you. but if you stood up to him and had the arguments to back up your position, he was fine and very reasonable.

I was a Council staff member on that Committee and we could only "advise" the elected aldermen (alderpersons?)......and they had a tendency to fold under pressure.  I'm sure part of the reason for this.....was to finish the meeting and adjourn to the Mayor's office for scotch and snacks. :lol: 

I was almost sure this post would be about the tide pod challenge.
Crazy you should mention that. This local bakery by me made special tide pod cookies to raise awareness and anyone that bought the tide pod cookies had to sit and listen to a discussion about the dangers of household chemicals on children. I couldn't believe they did that to be honest. It's not like it's 3 and 4 year old eating the tide pods it's teenagers and other young adults so I don't see how making those cookies does anything but bring more recognition towards what those morons are doing. Just figured I'd drop thkse two cents in a can and kick them around.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Can they please put cyanide in the Tide Pods to weed out the morons?

GET OFF MY LAWN! (and if your come on my lawn again, I’ll shoot you!)

:angry: 

• Like 1

Got it.

The initial post was a bit tongue in cheek.  I was mostly just thinking how silly it is to make a game about avoiding stepping in poop and sell it for $20 USD when I can play this at home for free.  I have a dog who happily provides the game pieces.

The Tide Pod bit and the doughnuts imitating them is just plain scary as I have two young children.  Hard to know just when and how much to talk/warn them as I have a hard time even imagining the nutty stuff that takes place these days.