SuperBowl LII

My only really enjoyed sport is mixed martial arts.  I know next to nothing about ball sports. I'll be watching the Puppy Bowl in February when you all's Super Bowl is on. Best wishes to you all and may your team win...woof woof:doghouse:  :cigar:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My prediction is don't ever bet against Tom Brady...

i'm not fussed either way on the pats, normally, but playing the iggles, i'll be cheering tom brady from the roof. philly winning the superbowl would be the final nail in the coffin of western ci

Go Federer!

The Eagles have cursed me with an impossible decision ... do I cheer for Brady and company to win a ridiculous 6th Super Bowl, or do I cheer for my nemesis from Philadelphia to deny an outrageous 6th Super Bowl to the Pats?

As a Cowboys fan, there’s really no question as much as it gives me heartburn to say it ... Go Pats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

i'm telling myself that it is good that the iggles made the superbowl because it dropped them another notch in the draft. just don't want them going any lower.

hey, one takes what one can.

brady for MVP.

Why the intense hatred with Philly? 

16 minutes ago, JoeKitchen said:

Why the intense hatred with Philly? 

if i say i'm a skins fan, would that explain it?

i would prefer to see philly win if they were playing the cowgirls (yes i know they can't) and it is pretty much line ball with the giants. otherwise, i'm supporting whoever they are playing.

just something ingrained. not really rational. something that grows over time. don't know many philly fans that don't feel the same, in reverse (although that is obviously completely irrational and unfair). and something i could not do anything about even if i wanted to.

like not wanting to see nsw win anything - origin or rugby (kiwis are always stunned when i say i would prefer to see a kiwi team win than nsw - until i ask them about the orcland/canterbury rivalry. and then they understand).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmbarton said:

The Eagles have cursed me with an impossible decision ... do I cheer for Brady and company to win a ridiculous 6th Super Bowl, or do I cheer for my nemesis from Philadelphia to deny an outrageous 6th Super Bowl to the Pats?

As a Cowboys fan, there’s really no question as much as it gives me heartburn to say it ... Go Pats.

understand. my post to our friend from philly explains the same thing in a roundabout way (though i have never had any issues with the pats).

1 minute ago, Ken Gargett said:

if i say i'm a skins fan, would that explain it?

i would prefer to see philly win if they were playing the cowgirls (yes i know they can't) and it is pretty much line ball with the giants. otherwise, i'm supporting whoever they are playing.

just something ingrained. not really rational. something that grows over time. don't know many philly fans that don't feel the same, in reverse (although that is obviously completely irrational and unfair). and something i could not do anything about even if i wanted to.

like not wanting to see nsw win anything - origin or rugby (kiwis are always stunned when i say i would prefer to see a kiwi team win than nsw - until i ask them about the orcland/canterbury rivalry. and then they understand).

Makes sense. 

7 hours ago, Buck14 said:

If Foles plays as well as he did against the Vikes, Philly wins the Super Bowl.

Foles could play his best but if Brady plays his best as well I'll take the Pats.

Brady at his best is still much better than Foles at his best.

A near perfect QBR with 350 yards and 3 TDs is great but Brady can go 40/55 with 500 yards and 5 TDs assuming Gronk is playing. Foles can't do that. 

Just now, NSXCIGAR said:

Foles could play his best but if Brady plays his best as well I'll take the Pats.

Brady at his best is still much better than Foles at his best.

A near perfect QBR with 350 yards and 3 TDs is great but Brady can go 40/55 with 500 yards and 5 TDs assuming Gronk is playing. Foles can't do that. 

and if either side is down by say ten in the last quarter, which QB is most likely to be able to bring his team back? not much of a question, really.

• Like 2

Diehard Eagles fan here.  Lived and worked in and around Philly all my life, Graduate of Temple U, Class of ‘93.  I bleed Eagles green.  So psyched they’re headed to the SB, albeit only for the third time.

I love their chances this time because: 1) they ran up 38 points against Min, the NFL’s best defense, 2) New England’s defense is ranked like 29th or something, 3) Eagles defense is pretty damn good as evidenced by how few points we’ve given up of late, and 4) We’re underdogs again.

Prediction: Birds 30, Pats 23.

I see a bright future ahead with Coach Pedersen and Carson Wentz at the helm and just getting started. A changing of the guard is at hand.  Fly Eagles Fly!

Sorry Ken. Get used to it Mate.

Just now, Pharmacovigilant said:

Diehard Eagles fan here.  Lived and worked in and around Philly all my life, Graduate of Temple U, Class of ‘93.  I bleed Eagles green.  So psyched they’re headed to the SB, albeit only for the third time.

I love their chances this time because: 1) they ran up 38 points against Min, the NFL’s best defense, 2) New England’s defense is ranked like 29th or something, 3) Eagles defense is pretty damn good as evidenced by how few points we’ve given up of late, and 4) We’re underdogs again.

Prediction: Birds 30, Pats 23.

I see a bright future ahead with Coach Pedersen and Carson Wentz at the helm and just getting started. A changing of the guard is at hand.  Fly Eagles Fly!

Sorry Ken. Get used to it Mate.

heard it all before.

well, not very often to be honest as it so rare that you blokes get this close.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fitzy said:

Mine is don't ever bet against the known cheaters.(How many times do they need to be caught?) :P

Brady himself has nothing to do with any of those incidents except the deflated balls. And since he's played better after the balls were placed under complete league control and many well respected professors and scientists have called into question the conclusions drawn by the measurements data obtained by the investigators I think it's safe to say using the word cheating to describe any aspect of Tom Brady individually is quite absurd. 

Sure, the Patriots staff has stepped over the line over the years but from what I understand much of what they were actually caught doing was being done by many other teams that never got caught and while they were rule violations they were minor in terms of actually affecting games and outcomes and would be marginal "cheating" acts at best.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

New England’s defense is ranked like 29th or something

Not anymore it's not. Yards allowed is still high (although much better in the last 10 games) but points allowed is very good. They're considered to have one of the best red zone and situational defenses in the league.

And their 2nd half offense and defense is probably the best--maybe ever, particularly in big games.

At least if the Eagles can do it they will have earned it against the best and that's certainly something to say. 

6 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

while i really don't care how they beat the iggles, as long as they do, i think this might be akin to the 'only a little bit pregnant' argument.

I suppose so, but surely there are degrees. Monitoring opposing teams' signs via video instead of pen and paper (allowed) is quite a bit different than paying off referees to throw a game. 

1 minute ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I suppose so, but surely there are degrees. Monitoring opposing teams' signs via video instead of pen and paper (allowed) is quite a bit different than paying off referees to throw a game. 

for sure. and that should be reflecting in any penalties. as long as the penalty is not giving the superbowl to the eagles.

45 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Brady himself has nothing to do with any of those incidents except the deflated balls.

There are zero facts to prove the balls were tampered with at all, never mind that Brady had anything to do with it. There are plenty of facts to show that the Wells report was a sham. As for the taping of signals, where they did it from - out in the open on the sideline (for all to see) is what got them in trouble.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Sure, the Patriots staff has stepped over the line over the years but from what I understand much of what they were actually caught doing was being done by many other teams that never got caught and while they were rule violations they were minor in terms of actually affecting games and outcomes and would be marginal "cheating" acts at best.

ha ha ha so recording play calling and using that to win is marginal? How do you think they flipped that superbowl around last year? They just didn't get caught. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, fitzy said:

ha ha ha so recording play calling and using that to win is marginal? How do you think they flipped that superbowl around last year? They just didn't get caught. :ph34r:

I'm not aware of any evidence the Patriots have visually recorded any signs or play calls since 2007. If they are still doing it and not getting caught then all teams are doing it. And no, sign recording which is allowed to be manually with pen and paper or recorded from whatever is seen via broadcast TV cannot be compared to something like tampering with equipment or paying off the refs or trying to injure players, etc. 

And if you think a team can come back from 25 points down with 17 minutes left to play in a Super Bowl because they've used video to record play calls or signs from previous games or practices you know nothing about football. 

• Like 1