Did I achieve Plume?!

2 hours ago, Monterey said:
2 hours ago, PigFish said:

... yet another example of: the forum just started with my first post!

-Piggy

I don't get what you are trying to say.

I do.... :rotfl: ... but, no, I think I'll keep aloof.

• Like 1

It is either plume, or it is nothing.  I took one of those cigars out into the bright light to see if I could see it in greater detail.  Once I took a single out, I could seem almost nothing.  It is only visible in the group.   Definitely not mold, but I'm now leaning more to it being nothing at all but a nice beautiful shine from aging wonderfully.  And I'm okay with that.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This video, at 1:51, looks like plume to me:          

• Like 1

Never sure anymore.  I did my quarterly check on my cigars today and found that my 6 year old Montecristo #2 had a nice light haze over them.   A light crystallization/haze covers the cigars almost completely.    The feet are clean (no mold in the cigar)
On the pro plume side is that it was really hard to take a picture showing what I see in person.  Camera's aren't great for picking up a slight haze.
On the no plume side, the cigars are only 6 years old and plume is a myth.  Thoughts?  Wish I had better pictures.  The cigars are GORGEOUS in person.  

20171104_111850.thumb.jpg.87b09040f0ecbc135669f7742d1f3a1e.jpg
20171104_105956.thumb.jpg.c5ae1f189effd7c50e3d19b4cfb8e79d.jpg
I'm new to Cuban Cigars and need to ask lots of questions....some may be silly but I need to gain knowledge....so here goes.......

Are we trying to get this effect.....what does this mean to the taste or quality of the cigars....thanks Jim

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, hunterbeav said:

I'm new to Cuban Cigars and need to ask lots of questions....some may be silly but I need to gain knowledge....so here goes.......

Are we trying to get this effect.....what does this mean to the taste or quality of the cigars....thanks Jim

In theory it means that the cigar was properly stored and has aged well.  As for tasting 2 exact cigars, one with plume and one without, I don't know.  I don't know if I every smoked a cigar with plume.   One person's plume is another person mold.   If you are new to cuban's, I would ignore this subject all together and wonder about it 20 years down the road once you have psychoanalyzed every other thing about cigars.  It is a stupid waste of time and you don't need plume on your cigars to taste good.

• Like 1

In theory it means that the cigar was properly stored and has aged well.  As for tasting 2 exact cigars, one with plume and one without, I don't know.  I don't know if I every smoked a cigar with plume.   One person's plume is another person mold.   If you are new to cuban's, I would ignore this subject all together and wonder about it 20 years down the road once you have psychoanalyzed every other thing about cigars.  It is a stupid waste of time and you don't need plume on your cigars to taste good.
Lol thanks for the reply

20 years from now I'd be 78...lol

• Like 1