It sure wasn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I would have that kind of money to dish out $4000.00 for 6 cigars than I could have flown there to get them personally and bring them home.

This was certainly done under the heading of "inspection" and not punishment. That being said, after some very cursory research, there may be a legal remedy as there are procedures that must be follow

I wonder if they realized what they were worth and knew slashing them and sending them on to see was enough punishment vs the dreaded letter and loading into the database.  I am having visions of that

Enjoy the carnage.  These both happened around 2005.  I often wonder what these would be worth, but more importantly what they'd smoke like today.  

This was a box of original release Siglo VI.  

59347747e0b8a_MVC-004Fcopy.jpg.1c1bb5f327fe7ba6779d3188383b185d.jpg

Can't remember exactly but looks like a Partagas Serie D No. 1 Edicion Limitada 2004.  

5934781ad621e_shankedopen.jpg.0dc989184b3c27df05ad7664a35433d9.jpg

The US trades with and is even allied with many nations that wars were fought against - Germany, Japan, Italy, China, Vietnam. No blatant war was fought against Cuba. Maybe those 'agents' could just mellow out a little bit & put things in perspective.

Whoever did that slash job wasn't 'just doing their job' (were doing the opposite). They enjoyed the destruction and imagining the look on the face of the recipient.

• Like 2

My roommate brought me back a box of Habanos like 20 years ago and Customs cut one of the cigars open.  Granted, they could've taken the box so I wasn't so mad.  He was furious, as he is Colombian and did not know of the ban in the US...  

15 hours ago, chris12381 said:

Can't remember exactly but looks like a Partagas Serie D No. 1 Edicion Limitada 2004.  

5934781ad621e_shankedopen.jpg.0dc989184b3c27df05ad7664a35433d9.jpg

The horror....  That is my favorite EL

Just had a parcel containing 2 jars of noellas and one box capuletos opened and examined by customs and was delivered without any problems. Maybe it depends on the agent. Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just had a parcel containing 2 jars of noellas and one box capuletos opened and examined by customs and was delivered without any problems. Maybe it depends on the agent. Not sure.

On 6/2/2017 at 4:36 PM, uscmd310 said:

I wasn't aware that US customs used this tactic. A friend ordered 6 very rare cigars from a collector in France. Approximate worth of the cigars was $4,000. It was easy to see the cigars were valuable because of the care in the shipping. IS sorting facility in New York, arrived in California with the yellow tape. All 6 cigars were slashed neck to foot. I would include pictures but I didn't ask permission from friend.  I was shocked at the mean hearted-ness. No confiscation, no letter, just slashed cigars.

I see no logical reason to cut into a cigar except with the intention to destroy it due to it being cuban.

I'd suspect the cigars are being cut open to inspect for smuggling of controlled substances and narcotics. Doesn't seem too far fetched to me.

I'd be upset if this happened to me, but it's just the CBP agent doing their job. Sucks, but that's the world we live in. Some of you guys with these cut cigars should get in touch with a home roller. I'd suspect that they could be re-rolled and smoked. Might be fun to see how a new wrapper and binder would change the flavors. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PamunkeyHub said:

I'd suspect the cigars are being cut open to inspect for smuggling of controlled substances and narcotics. Doesn't seem too far fetched to me.

I'd be upset if this happened to me, but it's just the CBP agent doing their job. Sucks, but that's the world we live in. Some of you guys with these cut cigars should get in touch with a home roller. I'd suspect that they could be re-rolled and smoked. Might be fun to see how a new wrapper and binder would change the flavors. 

Or, chop up and enjoy in a pipe. 

• Like 1

If I had to guess, and this is assuming that the cut cigars weren't accompanied by a letter from CBP and subsequent entry into "the database", it's probably just an agent who didn't want to do the paperwork. Cutting effectively destroys the contraband and saves the headache of filling out forms.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, Hutch said:

I'd be interested in hearing what cigar was deemed to be worth $667 !!

The Gurkha His Majesty Reserve goes for upwards of $1,000/stick.  :rotfl:LOL  LMAO

*that's a joke

10 minutes ago, davenoh said:

The Gurkha His Majesty Reserve goes for upwards of $1,000/stick.  :rotfl:LOL  LMAO

*that's a joke

MSRP doesn't equal price paid at auction or price paid by anyone. I doubt more than a handful of suckers have ponied up the asinine amount of money for a box of those. 

Halfwheel rated it a 55! 

This stick would have been an ok $6 stick. As it is, I would call it overpriced, overhyped, boring, bitter crap. Not exactly a surprise, but I was really hoping that it would shock me. The only redeeming quality of this cigar was that it stood up for the final photo without falling over.

:rotfl:

• Like 2

On 6/4/2017 at 5:03 PM, gusto616 said:

It happened to me about 8 years ago. Of course, not nearly as valuable as the Cifuentes being discussed here.

I had purchased several boxes of Davidoff Panatelas Extras LE 2003 from Germany & one of the cigars in one box was slashed by Customs.
What a D bag! emoji35.png

I still have the slashed cigar & it still pisses me off

a88a2ff2b26079d1a5c8b648f0a7bc68.jpg

Man that's some sick ****

These are the type or scumbags who pull the wings off flies and torture animals for fun

• Like 2

Customs here in ZOZ just slash our wallets ?

• Like 3

On 6/5/2017 at 10:43 AM, creamypies said:

* If you look like your picture here next to your FOH name...I'D probably be real reluctant to slash your stash with you standing there glaring down at ME too! :lookaround:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, luv2fly said:

Thats good news but maybe the pic is not suitable here.  JMHO.

Why would you think the pic is not suitable  here? It doesn't really show anything