Juan Lopez Belux Regional Question

42 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Thank you. This seems to be one of several ER releases missing from CCW and any release lists I can find. I also can't find anything regarding the JL Seleccion Superba Great Britain release (outside of it actually being released of course!) There seems to be several 2016-2017 ERs that are missing from any lists. But the RA XXL was supposed to be a 2015 release pushed to 2016, so CCW should have had it before it went down in Dec.

Anyway, now that we know there are clowns engaging in band shenanigans on the internet I think we can go ahead and close the book on this one.

I am not so sure that this is JL is a fake. I know that during the Habanos Festival there are tastings for the distributors to try the Regional Releases for their respective region. Just check out the various cigar blogs with entries from the festival, also from members here, and you can actually see other 2017 regional releases being pictured.

regards

Lars

I am not so sure that this is JL is a fake. I know that during the Habanos Festival there are tastings for the distributors to try the Regional Releases for their respective region. Just check out the various cigar blogs with entries from the festival, also from members here, and you can actually see other 2017 regional releases being pictured.

regards

Lars

These are the RA BELUX EDITION. There is no JL RE BELUX and someone is doctoring photos. The Don Juan and No.3, 2010 are the only JL RE even close to this. 610d6b22b222dcb8aa032a2f052faa95.jpg0f39894a988bee12a2d836cf1398b9eb.jpg0072c0baf23ba124fc0c351a80e5af42.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Having purchased a few boxes of the Juan López Don Juan Edición Regional Benelux 2014, I have received cigars with two different bands.

The earlier boxes have the Benelux band while some of the later boxes have had the Belux bands.

All of these boxes were sourced from a reputable LCDH and arrived sealed.

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BossHog said:

Having purchased a few boxes of the Juan López Don Juan Edición Regional Benelux 2014, I have received cigars with two different bands.

The earlier boxes have the Benelux band while some of the later boxes have had the Belux bands.

Great pic, thank you!

So my initial theory holds--factory error. Mystery officially solved. 

Not surprised Cuba uses Belux when it should be Benelux. They can't even spell "connoisseur" correctly. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BossHog said:

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

Awesome.  Thank you for clearing it up.  Gotta love Cuban quality control. 

• Like 2