Juan Lopez Belux Regional Question

I'm not sure what this cigar is. Juan Lopez has never had a Belux ER release. They've had two Benelux releases--the Don Juan in 2014 and the Seleccion No. 3 in 2010. 

There have only ever been two Belux releases: the Bolivar Poderosos in 2013 and the LGC Belux No. 1 in 2011.

This cigar or image appears to have been doctored. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I'm not sure what this cigar is. Juan Lopez has never had a Belux ER release. They've had two Benelux releases--the Don Juan in 2014 and the Seleccion No. 3 in 2010. 

There have only ever been two Belux releases: the Bolivar Poderosos in 2013 and the LGC Belux No. 1 in 2011.

This cigar or image appears to have been doctored. 

There seems to be a few different shots of this cigar floating around Instagram.  It has my friend scratching his head that this is seemingly around the internet without proof of its existence or someone calling it out.

IMG_3807.PNG

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, daustinhartman said:

There seems to be a few different shots of this cigar floating around Instagram.  It has my friend scratching his head that this is seemingly around the internet without proof of its existence or someone calling it out.

Indeed, very interesting. For the record, I'm calling it out. No cigar with those two bands should exist--neither the RA or the JL. Someone's playing some games here. 

I was at first thinking that it could perhaps be a factory error on a JL Don Juan since the "Belux" and "Benelux" bands could easily be confused with each other in the factory and is exactly the type of error that is common in Cuba. But the last RA Benelux was 2007, and the "Belux" bands didn't exist at that time, so no possibility of placing the wrong band on them.

Something seriously fishy with both of those cigars.

• Like 1

Indeed, very interesting. For the record, I'm calling it out. No cigar with those two bands should exist--neither the RA or the JL. Someone's playing some games here. 

I was at first thinking that it could perhaps be a factory error on a JL Don Juan since the "Belux" and "Benelux" bands could easily be confused with each other in the factory and is exactly the type of error that is common in Cuba. But the last RA Benelux was 2007, and the "Belux" bands didn't exist at that time, so no possibility of placing the wrong band on them.

Something seriously fishy with both of those cigars.

The RA Belux is the Ramon Allones Robusto XXL ER Belux released earlier this year and is available at a known LCDH in Belgium.

The JL no clue. Have not seen it bevor.

Regards
Lars

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, in0gravity said:

The RA Belux is the Ramon Allones Robusto XXL ER Belux released earlier this year and is available at a known LCDH in Belgium.

The JL no clue. Have not seen it bevor.

Regards
Lars

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

It also wouldn't surprise me if the JL Benelux had a bad batch of labels get out.  But you'd think the wholesaler or shop would have caught it during QA.

I hope we aren't going to see a new thread here each time a fishy cigar or mysterious pre-release is posted on Instagram or Facebook…

Actually I think I'm going to take a rare regional band (such as "medio oriente"), put it on a random cigar with the right ring gauge, take a nice picture and become a social media hero… :P

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

I hope we aren't going to see a new thread here each time a fishy cigar or mysterious pre-release is posted on Instagram or Facebook…

Isn't sharing of knowledge and information about the hobby one of the main purposes of this forum?  

2 minutes ago, SignalJoe said:

Isn't sharing of knowledge and information about the hobby one of the main purposes of this forum?  

You'd think, but you can't please everyone.  I just found it perplexing that it came up on Instagram, then looked at other shots of it over the past few months.  There's no history of it existing (there is a JL Benelux tho) and no rumors of it as a pending release.  My buddy and I did a pretty solid search and found nothing.  This will at least create something that folks can search if they do run across it.  It's not even a hey, is this real, it's a hey, does this even exist?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SignalJoe said:

Why isn't the Instagram picture documented then?  You really want to investigate random pictures posted by unknown people on social media? :wacko:

6 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

Why isn't the Instagram picture documented then?  You really want to investigate random pictures posted by unknown people on social media? :wacko:

If it's popped up over a dozen times in different places, it probably merits something.  In addition, if a person just google searches Juan Lopez Belux, no information pops up.  With the amount of fakes and jerks out there, it makes perfect sense for us to share info on non-isolated events, that's how we can help each other.  Otherwise, it's just condoning the behavior that collectively costs us millions of dollars and even more hours of heart burn every year.

38 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

What kind of documentation is required?  I have a few rarities, do they require a signed notarized document accompanying any postings I make to social media?  This forum is for the sharing of knowledge.  If one has questions where else can one go to get the benefit of the cumulative knowledge found on this board?  If the subject isn't of interest to an individual they are free to ignore it or read it and move on without public comment.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, daustinhartman said:

If it's popped up over a dozen times in different places, it probably merits something.  In addition, if a person just google searches Juan Lopez Belux, no information pops up.  With the amount of fakes and jerks out there, it makes perfect sense for us to share info on non-isolated events, that's how we can help each other. 

Have you only e-mailed or called one of the LCDH in Benelux? You would have had your answer immediately…

7 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

Jeanff, are you serious? It's everywhere in the social medias, we must investigate!

Musta, shoulda, woulda... It seems I was mislead into thinking cigars was something to seriously enjoy, not to take that seriously... what would you have me do first, cigarmeister? ?

Amusing that the guy would put RE bands on Global and niche marcas which are specifically excluded from the RE program.  Although creating an 05 Cohiba LE was pretty creative.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, in0gravity said:

Thank you. This seems to be one of several ER releases missing from CCW and any release lists I can find. I also can't find anything regarding the JL Seleccion Superba Great Britain release (outside of it actually being released of course!) There seems to be several 2016-2017 ERs that are missing from any lists. But the RA XXL was supposed to be a 2015 release pushed to 2016, so CCW should have had it before it went down in Dec.

Anyway, now that we know there are clowns engaging in band shenanigans on the internet I think we can go ahead and close the book on this one.