JL Seleccion #4 RE Asia Pacifico

Just had this RE and not really sure what to think as I haven't smoked much Juan Lopez. How representative of the marca is it? Based on descriptions I think I'd really like the JP 1. Thoughts?

(I don't generally smoke RE's, LE's or anything with too many bands ;)

I had one...loved it. I have one more sitting in the humi.
I have never smoked a JL#1 but the #4 is awfully close to the #2. Citrus galore, strong milk coffee and a great toasted tobacco spine and legs to age even longer. Love the #4 and #2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hurltim said:

I had one...loved it. I have one more sitting in the humi.
I have never smoked a JL#1 but the #4 is awfully close to the #2. Citrus galore, strong milk coffee and a great toasted tobacco spine and legs to age even longer. Love the #4 and #2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I was just writing something similar.  The JL #4 is more aged than the #1's and #2's that I've had so I found the flavors the Tim mentioned to be more developed (makes me wish I had kept more from the box split).  For me, 2+ years on the JL2 makes a huge difference in the performance and enjoyably of the cigar.

I would say that the JL2 and JL4 are the closest match, but I guess that would make sense given that they are closer in ring gage and wrapper/binder/filler ratio.

Rob just mentioned in a 24:24 that the JL2 is his top Robusto at the moment and I have a PSP/HQ box of JL2 is on my "wishlist" for 2017 if that helps you decide to dip your toes further into the Juan Lopez pool. :2thumbs: