LCDH Best buy's

Regardless of cost it's a damn nice piece and will forever remind you of your experience.Kind of thinking I should of got one now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Online prices for Partagas 898 have gone up recently as high as $300 or more.  At $225 in Cuba, I would consider the 898.  Also, as mentioned, any Trinidad are a good buy in Cuba.  I would also add La Gloria Cubana if you can find them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2017 at 11:14 PM, chris12381 said:

I'm always comfortable buying Juanitas, Yolandas, Alejandros, etc in the blind.

I'll also buy blind if it looks like someone screwed up. I don't know if anyone else has seen this but the last time I was in Havana in November I saw a 2013 50 cab of Juan Lopez No. 2 mis-priced with the price for 25 on the box. I gave it a try and made it out the door with a 50% discount.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

50 Cab of Juan Lopez...WHAT! Never seen this. 

On February 20, 2017 at 11:14 PM, chris12381 said:

I'm always comfortable buying Juanitas, Yolandas, Alejandros, etc in the blind.

I'll also buy blind if it looks like someone screwed up. I don't know if anyone else has seen this but the last time I was in Havana in November I saw a 2013 50 cab of Juan Lopez No. 2 mis-priced with the price for 25 on the box. I gave it a try and made it out the door with a 50% discount.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is exactly why the world looks at American tourists as nothing more than absolute schmucks.  As one who works occasionally in a pretty nice, honest cigar shop, I appreciate when customers call our errors out to us rather than score a few bucks.  If memory serves, our host screwed up on a price and after a very short time up, buyers called out the error so he didn't lose any more on sales.  Karma my friend, karma.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2017 at 1:04 PM, oliverdst said:

Two times in Cuba and never saw a book. There are some special humidors made for celebration of special ocasions in LCDH (anniversary of a LCDH or the hotel or a celebrity in Cuba). In 2015 I saw in Hotel Habana Libre a humi with 20-30 Mag 56. 50 made If I am not wrong.

used to see them reasonably regularly but not for a while.

31 minutes ago, jwr0201 said:

This is exactly why the world looks at American tourists as nothing more than absolute schmucks.  As one who works occasionally in a pretty nice, honest cigar shop, I appreciate when customers call our errors out to us rather than score a few bucks.  If memory serves, our host screwed up on a price and after a very short time up, buyers called out the error so he didn't lose any more on sales.  Karma my friend, karma.

Thanks for your ridiculous remark about American tourists.  The part I didn't mention is the store ripped off my girlfriend several days before when she went to buy a few of her favorite Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2s to smoke with me.  They ripped her off, perhaps using the oldest trick in the book.  Took her CUCs and gave her change back in CUPs.  Her first time in Havana, she didn't check and got screwed out of about $80.    

So yes.  Karma my friend, karma...

• Like 3