Brisket AOK

3 hours ago, SloppyJ said:

Tri tip reverse seared to medium rare is the way to roll. 

I reverse sear all the time on by Big Green Egg.. Low and slow under smoke for 30 minutes (under 200 degrees) then...

I fire up the leaf blower and let it idle in the the fully open air intake... :fuel: Its like pouring gasoline on the fire..

I sear at wicked high, flames shooting out of the top, temps for 1 minute per side... and BOOM! Perfect crust and cool red center.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ethernut said:

I reverse sear all the time on by Big Green Egg.. Low and slow under smoke for 30 minutes (under 200 degrees) then...

I fire up the leaf blower and let it idle in the the fully open air intake... :fuel: Its like pouring gasoline on the fire..

I sear at wicked high, flames shooting out of the top, temps for 1 minute per side... and BOOM! Perfect crust and cool red center.

... and I thought I was the only guy that turbo charged the grille! I have a Kamado, had it for almost 20 years now and I use a Makita battery blower to get it going all the time. -LOL

-Piggy

• Like 1

Just now, PigFish said:

... and I thought I was the only guy that turbo charged the grille! I have a Kamado, had it for almost 20 years now and I use a Makita battery blower to get it going all the time. -LOL

-Piggy

...but the leaf blower looks so much more redneck... Love that!

Kinda, so:

grid-cell-30782-1417557384-4.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ethernut said:

...but the leaf blower looks so much more redneck... Love that!

Kinda, so:

grid-cell-30782-1417557384-4.jpg

Fraud Alert!!!

Rednecks don't have dress socks! This guys is an imposter. Bare feet, flip-flops, old Keds all acceptable, untied combat boots preferred, but black socks and penny loafers... no way!!! -LOL

-Piggy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PigFish said:

Fraud Alert!!!

Rednecks don't have dress socks! This guys is an imposter. Bare feet, flip-flops, old Keds all acceptable, untied combat boots preferred, but black socks and penny loafers... no way!!! -LOL

-Piggy

I cant say I disagree with you.. but in the photo there is Exhibit A. Eddie. Illustrated, is the utter wrongness of the societally unaware.. very much like the dumba55 standing in front of his grill with a leaf blower -

22 hours ago, Ethernut said:

That's the way to do it! Bonus points for redneck engineering to you also.