Climate change? WTF...........

7 hours ago, Warren said:

Why are you taking pictures of kids at the local school ground :huh:

In reality I wanted to highlight the empty playground. Due to the heat no one was outside, even local sport competitions were cancelled today on Saturday in Sydney, as the heatwave continued into a second day.

If the heat wasn't stifling, the kids would be normally running around and I would not have taken a photo.

Hence, my original photo was meant to show how hot it was yesterday, on Friday.

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

In reality I wanted to highlight the empty playground. Due to the heat no one was outside, even local sport competitions were cancelled today on Saturday in Sydney, as the heatwave continued into a second day.

If the heat wasn't stifling, the kids would be normally running around and I would not have taken a photo.

Hence, my original photo was meant to show how hot it was yesterday, in Friday.

Wow. John, I don't know you, but what a gentleman you must be. That is about the most polite and unconfrontational way you could of told @Warren you did not appreciate the implications of his joke whatsoever! Ha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePolskiOgorki said:

Wow. John, I don't know you, but what a gentleman you must be. That is about the most polite and unconfrontational way you could of told @Warren you did not appreciate the implications of his joke whatsoever! Ha

Warren is much admired on our forum and I took his observation in good jest. Australian humour can be very much 'to the point' but it is rarely confrontational. Witness Ken's jibes at Rob in their videos for example.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnS said:

Warren is much admired on our forum and I took his observation in good jest. Australian humour can be very much 'to the point' but it is rarely confrontational. Witness Ken's jibes at Rob in their videos for example.

I'm glad you took it that way Mate, sometimes I may forget that people from other countries may not understand a bit of good natured ribbing between a couple of Aussies.

Sorry to our Canadian friend if offence was taken for it was not meant to be delivered. Ha

• Like 1

I believe it's called sarcasm... not humor isolated to only certain countries. I'm sure the kids were hiding since it's usually taught to avoid guys in vans handing out candy.

50F-60F here in Atlanta. Still not missing Chicago...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I believe it's called sarcasm... not humor isolated to only certain countries. I'm sure the kids were hiding since it's usually taught to avoid guys in vans handing out candy.

50F-60F here in Atlanta. Still not missing Chicago...

John doesn't lure kids with candy, but instead Partagas Shorts. So far, he has been unsuccessful.

• Like 2

@Warren @JohnS A Canadian without a sense of humour is not a Canadian. So I got the humour just fine guys. I probably would of asked the same thing had you not beat me to it. So I am not offended in the least. I just thought it was also funny how John responded to the joke. I think we all got the point of his photo and he chose to explain it instead of saying something snide back, which to me was a comeback in and of itself. 

And don't apologize. Someone might mistake you for a Canadian. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ThePolskiOgorki said:

@Warren @JohnS A Canadian without a sense of humour is not a Canadian. So I got the humour just fine guys. I probably would of asked the same thing had you not beat me to it. So I am not offended in the least. I just thought it was also funny how John responded to the joke. I think we all got the point of his photo and he chose to explain it instead of saying something snide back, which to me was a comeback in and of itself. 

And don't apologize. Someone might mistake you for a Canadian. 

Yes when I read Johns reply I thought at first that he hadn't got the joke but then I thought his reply was humorous in it's dead pan delivery.

I have always been a huge fan of the Canadian protest movement by the way.

cdn_lolwot_com_wp-content_uploads_2016_04_10-hilarious-protest-signs-that-arent-really-protesting-anything-5.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/9/2017 at 3:31 PM, terrantheman said:

We are about 16" below our annual average here in Chicago.  We made it to near 20".

Chicago has been nice this year. Not a lot of snow and no bitter cold. Smoking in the Camp Winnepesauke Winter Cigar Lounge. 

Nice and warm here today. It hit 41C or in the old money 105F. Been inside all day in the air con and itching for a cigar. Just stepped outside and it's still 35 C at 6 pm:angry:

Another 14-20 inches for us tonight into tomorrow. My company already closed the office for tomorrow, I guess this is only the second time in the past 25 years they've shut down for snow.

On 10/02/2017 at 5:22 PM, OZCUBAN said:

It's about time you guys in the east got some proper Aussie summer heat we get it all the time do you hear us whinge about it, no 

having said that we are having a much cooler summer by average ,not that Iam  complaining 

:stir:

You're a POM, it's in your nature to complain ;) :D

• Like 1