Smoking cigars simultaneously

15 hours ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

I'm gonna double fist a couple Bushidos tonight and see if I can tell a difference. They are a month apart so I expect sweet citrus in one and chocolate coffee in the other. ????☕

... pictures please! Oh, don't forget to dawn all the gold chains and medallions that your neck can bear!

-Piggy

• Like 1

I buck the trend on this one. I enjoy the simultaneous smoke every now and then and I think part of it is that I'm a data whore and love learning why things are what they are. 

I very much agree with @LordAnubis that our taste memories are highly subjective and prone to forgetfulness and adapt to how we want to shape the memory whether consciously or not. 

Everyone is different, I get that, but to me smoking a choix supreme once every 4-6 months doesn't really make me intimately in-tune with it. I essentially have one-off experience that are either good or average and quite possibly fluctuate with the conditions of the day or environment. 

I find value in the contrasting because I see it as a way to sharpen the senses. For example... what is sweetness? To someone that only drinks soda vs. only drinking water the concept of sweetness will be very different. Is a soda more or less sweet than an apple or ice cream or wheat bread? It's in the contrasts that we are able to more clearly define characterists. So for me it helps me to more clearly point out what I'm noticing.

In terms of "learning" about a specific cigar, the best experience was smoking through a box of QdO coronas over he course of 6 consecutive days. I was on a solo road trip and had roughly 4 a day. I learned the ins and outs of that particular box and it was great. 

• 9 months later...

I have a friend that smokes two when he is reviewing a cigar. He uses one he knows and likes well as a control cigar and the other for the review to make a comparison.