What's up for the weekend!

1 hour ago, planetary said:

@BrightonCorgi - It's a Carrera 4S 991.2 PDK.  I enjoy driving manuals -- the most pure fun manual I ever had was a MX-5 Miata... a real go cart with a sense of speed far greater than the speedometer reading.  But I learned my lesson with manuals on that car... no sticks for me with Bay Area traffic + my non-trivial commute.  Happily, the PDK (automated dual clutch) is incredible, and the shifts are lightning fast.  Great piece of tech.

Hope everyone enjoys great cigars, cool breezes, and warm sunshine this weekend!

I drove a '15 Cayman S a bunch with a PDK.  They're neat.  I like the kickdown feature and being able to shift with either hand.  I traded in my XK for an Evora just because I wanted a manual (and back seat was better for our dog).  Now that I am back to auto in the Jag, I miss shifting again...  Next car will most likely be a manual again.  Keep going back and forth wanting, having, wanting again...

• Like 1

flying the red eye to Houston saturday night/sunday morning....getting a rental car (which is almost impossible due to the superbowl) and then driving straight north for 90 minutes until I get to my home place.  spending a week visiting parents and old friends....and staying as far as I can from tv.   oh...and taking a few cc's to enjoy in the evenings.  

I drove a '15 Cayman S a bunch with a PDK.  They're neat.  I like the kickdown feature and being able to shift with either hand.  I traded in my XK for an Evora just because I wanted a manual (and back seat was better for our dog).  Now that I am back to auto in the Jag, I miss shifting again...  Next car will most likely be a manual again.  Keep going back and forth wanting, having, wanting again...

I'd seriously consider an Evora 400, but almost all on the ground are autos :(

4 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

I'd seriously consider an Evora 400, but almost all on the ground are autos :(

Have you driven one yet?  I drove a manual one last spring and wow!  Shifts are nice as my old S2000 or current 911 with the magical Lotus steering, a lot of power, incredible brakes, and easier to get in and out of.  I was going on the hwy from an exit and that car launched me like missile on to the road.  There's nothing short of a McLaren that has the feel of the Evora 400...  The sounds are great and you can see the throttle linkage moving in rear view mirror.  Really fantastic car, but a Lotus is not for everyone.  Porsche is more logical purchase, but if you wear your heart on your sleeve, the Evora 400 has little competition under 100K.

Have you driven one yet?  I drove a manual one last spring and wow!  Shifts are nice as my old S2000 or current 911 with the magical Lotus steering, a lot of power, incredible brakes, and easier to get in and out of.  I was going on the hwy from an exit and that car launched me like missile on to the road.  There's nothing short of a McLaren that has the feel of the Evora 400...  The sounds are great and you can see the throttle linkage moving in rear view mirror.  Really fantastic car, but a Lotus is not for everyone.  Porsche is more logical purchase, but if you wear your heart on your sleeve, the Evora 400 has little competition under 100K.

I fear if I drive one, insanity will kick in and I'll do something stupid ;)

As you can guess from the name, I am somewhat familiar with Lotus ;)

Had a heavily modded Elise for almost 10 years.
  • Like 1

My birthday tomorrow - hope to get a bunch of smokes in but the weather doesn't seem to be cooperating. Another rainstorm has arrived here in NorCal.

Happy birthday Claus. Hope the weather is co-operating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, Bartolomeo said:

Friday Night: date night and the best 3 minutes of love making my wife has ever had

Sat: going to UNC-Notre Dame Bball game

Sun: Flying to Orlando for a national sales meeting, tee time at 12:30pm at Ritz Carlton course...first round since November

Bart, I was jealous...a whole 3 minutes of sex, and then a weekend in Florida playing golf...

until I saw this:

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, planetary said:

Years of planting seeds with my better half, a chunk of time saving up, and a multi-month wait for the order to arrive... have all come to fruition.  I am absolutely giddy.  Despite the less than ideal weather we're having here in northern California, I'll be taking her out this weekend while most of the country is sitting in front of their TVs.  If the drive home from the dealership was any indication, this weekend will be glorious.

Another mid-life crisis averted.  Thanks, Germany. :)

IMG_0332.JPG

• Like 4