Rafael Gonzalez Perlas Question

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a big big fan of these. They present such value for money. They do need some time down to lose some water, they seem sensitive to it, a little more than Monte 5. Ive experienced favours more

I couldn't resist to buy one of those cute Cabinets.These are indeed repacked Petacas and the Cabinets were bought by 5th Avenue. They are totally different to Cuban Cabinets. Massive wood instead of

Exactly. The pc, with age, becomes much more complex and refined. But the Perla, in my experience, is ready ROTT. The same relationship can be said of the Monte 4 and Monte 5, IMO.

3 hours ago, TheLiquidGator said:

Someone has a real good buy on these right now. No idea of the quality, but at the price to me buying blind was worth the risk. Can always use them as dog walking cigars in the cold.

I know of where you speak, and at that price, I've convinced myself to try a few boxes as well. What I'm not convinced of is the other deals, as I've not tried those cigars before. Habaneros, PMF, HdM Palmas Extra. Any input? I'm looking for some good winter sticks as it is just starting to get cold here

14 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I know of where you speak, and at that price, I've convinced myself to try a few boxes as well. What I'm not convinced of is the other deals, as I've not tried those cigars before. Habaneros, PMF, HdM Palmas Extra. Any input? I'm looking for some good winter sticks as it is just starting to get cold here

I can only speak to the Palmas. They are OK for the money. Will take a while to smooth out. Sometimes they seem to have a rough edge. Sometimes they are enjoyable. Hit or miss.

2 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I bought a box of Party MF about 3 years ago, stored them with 69 Boveda, and never really could get into them - this was when I used to smoke mostly NC.  (And lots of strong NC at that, Nicaraguan ligero and such.)  Now that I'm smoking more CC and switched to 65%, I've really been enjoying them.

I don't know if it was more the 3 years rest, the switching to a lower rh, just a matter of my palate developing a taste for CC's, or a combination of these things, but the current box price at that place is a good deal IMO.  I would have bought another box already if not for the fact that I currently have 6 boxes of other sticks in the mail...

I've also smoked a few of the Habaneros recently (2013 and 2014 box codes) and they're not bad, but for me it's worth a few extra bucks to get the MF.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok cool I'll prob go with them and try a box of RASCC since I haven't yet, with the Perlas. 50/50 on the Palmas Extras 
I'm smoking an aged rascc right now that was traded to me. Holy crap, these are very good. I've had one before that wasnt aged and it was also good, but this one is knocking my socks off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I'm smoking an aged rascc right now that was traded to me. Holy crap, these are very good. I've had one before that wasnt aged and it was also good, but this one is knocking my socks off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I just got two boxes of 4-5 yr old Perlas, waiting on one more box, as well as a box each of RyJ Petit Coronas, El Pricipe, and Palmas Extra. Winter may commence!