Proper humidity for aging?

13 hours ago, hiperkemanci said:

I wonder what sort of beads you use. No-matter-which types I use, they always shoot up to 70.

I use heartfelt 65 rh beads. I have an 18 bottle thermoelectric wine fridge for storage (should have went bigger). I put a medium size Tupperware container full of beads at the bottom by the cooling fan and I keep a long beads storage tube on the top shelf, with my hygrometer fastened to the middle shelf. I have a mini spray bottle filled with distilled water and once the rh drops (every few months) I give the beads two sprays for the larger container and one spray for the smaller and we're off to the races! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hiperkemanci said:

I like 63% but I still try to find a better way to store my cigars. Should I put more 62 % boveda or less 65% to keep it around 63? Which way would be better ?

hiper I would recommend using 60% HF beads this way with the temp it will always fall between high 50s and low 60s

or if you are strictly using the boveda just go with the 62% I wouldn't recommend mixing 65 and 62 it doesn't average out

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stogieluver said:

I don't have any non Cubans and haven't smoked any in the last 3-4 years.  When I had some, I always stored them at the recommended 70/70.  I've never smoked a non Cuban as good as the average CC.  Yes, I'm a CC snob.

Yes you could say that I am too! 

I just have a suspicion that NCs are still made with tobacco leaf so they should require similar storage needs as Cuban leaf......taste on the other hand is another thing. 

• Like 1