What I don't 'like.'

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems to me, more and more that along with others I hit my like limit too often. Is there a reason that we cannot open the bandwidth on the 'like button.' a bit? Thanks for considering! -Piggy

Mr. Piggy, The problem is your heart is too BIG!   Your willingness to share your experience and knowledge and support of the FOH brothers and sisters is an inspiration. Thank you for your p

LOL. I use mine up every day! I've actually had to go back to un-like something to like something else I liked more! 

15 hours ago, Colt45 said:

Actually, I'm on grinder - HardLeather69

Don't say no, say maybe!

Actually it's Grindr.... and of course there's nothing wrong with that ?

I mainly browse this site from my work 'site' phone used by others so I don't log in. 

In the event that I do log in, I use the like button when I like something, wish to show support or simply convey any positive recognition or thanks. I am a Facebook user and that's how I developed my take on what a 'like' button is for etc

Ken, @Ken Gargett your comment on insecurity and needing a 'like' is intersting. I've young kids and I hear them talking about the amount of likes they get and approvals and followers they get from Facebook and Instagram and other social media they enjoy.

I'm constantly reinforcing to them that this is not 'real' and a measure of their worth etc I stress to them to enjoy social media - it's a massive part of their generation but to never allow it to make them too happy or too sad.

Sadly Ken, this is the way of the world. Social media has its positive and negative aspects. Open your mind and a Facebook account and enjoy the contacts you make and don't let the negative sides of it bother you so much. 

Maybe I'll get to send you a cheeky FB message to tease you of one of those 2 Origin Series wins NSW gets every ten years. 

• Like 1

To me the like button has two purposes.  First is if someone is responding to me or addressing me directly, and there's really nothing more to add to the discussion.  The like button serves as a way of letting that user know I read their post and appreciate the discussion.  I'm more likely to use the like button here if I'm in agreement, but that doesn't always have to be the case.

The second function is if there's a debate or discussion in a thread, and someone makes a point I agree with.  Hitting "like" is an easier way of showing agreement than posting that I agree, or worse, writing my own post saying the exact same thing.  

My request to the forum would be to have the option to turn off the notifications when someone likes your post. @refresh  Currently it's locked so you can't turn it off.

Like.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, soutso said:

Sadly Ken, this is the way of the world. Social media has its positive and negative aspects. Open your mind and a Facebook account and enjoy the contacts you make and don't let the negative sides of it bother you so much. 

Maybe I'll get to send you a cheeky FB message to tease you of one of those 2 Origin Series wins NSW gets every ten years. 

i'm sure you are right. i do actually have a facebook thing and apparently about 3000 friends, of whom i know about 12 personally. just almost never use it. very occasionally if looking for someone.

where you are most definitely not right is with your maths - where do you come up with two wins a decade? one! long may it remain so, though i see the end.

• Like 1