Leave Cigar Band ON or OFF?

Leave Cigar Band ON or OFF?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When smoking at my local cigar bar I leave it on so as to show off, yes I'm vain.  It either pisses the locals off in the bar

or it becomes a conversation item.  Either way the owner does not care much what I bring in to smoke

as long as I buy something to drink or eat and toss him a Habanos.  I guess I keep it on.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I generally leave mine on as long as possible as there can be some wrapper damage from its removal. If it happens, better I'm nearing the end of the cigar. English custom is to remove the band be

I leave it on until I get closer to it.  The odd time if a wrapper has a blemish and looks like it's gonna crack I'll slide the band to where the fault is to hold it together longer...works like a cha

I leave it on. As the burn gets closer to the band it heats up the glue so (usually) I find it easier to remove. I have nicked a few wrappers trying to remove the band before lighting up.

On 1/23/2017 at 9:48 PM, JR Kipling said:

I leave it on. As the burn gets closer to the band it heats up the glue so (usually) I find it easier to remove. I have nicked a few wrappers trying to remove the band before lighting up.

+1 for me as well.  If it is slip sliding to start, though, off it comes.

I heard a well know reviewer once mention bands affecting the draw.  I thought that was a bit odd however I could see big bands creating a local zone of higher RH if you were dry boxing for a short period of time like an hour or two.

Any of yall ever heard of this?

12 hours ago, golfgar said:

Normally at the office I leave the band on for a while in case it might start to unravel, then remove it to finish.

At the office?!?! Where do you work and are y'all hiring???

• Like 1

20 hours ago, boopdeep said:

At the office?!?! Where do you work and are y'all hiring???

I am the owner so I do what I want.  Basically the customer relations person telecommutes and the supervisor is in the shop in the back back and he smokes darts (cigarettes) anyway.  :P When the customer relationship manager comes in I refrain.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, golfgar said:

I am the owner so I do what I want.  Basically the customer relations person telecommutes and the supervisor is in the shop in the back back and he smokes darts (cigarettes) anyway.  :P When the customer relationship manager comes in I refrain.

....so, are yall hiring? 

I usually leave it alone unless it can easily be removed.

Sorry I didn't vote as sometimes its on sometimes off.

Newbie FYI if you haven't taken the band off on for the initial lighting and you find your cigar going from great to a slight burnt paper taste it is a good time to remove the band.

2 hours ago, golfgar said:

We're always looking for a few good men people.  How do you do with heights of like 40 stories?

I'm just fine with heights as long as there's a cigar in my mouth!!! 

If the band is loose out of the box, I just take it off before I start smoking.

Most of the time I leave it on until I am smoking down to the band, then I'll twist it, and if that doesn't do the trick, I have a keychain that has a knife and a small pair of scissors and I'll use one or the other to remove the band rather than risk damaging the cigar.

Wait, what, are we talking about the first or second band? I really do try and take off the first band before it starts burning. Can tend to ruin the taste.