Lost my job today

Hello Luv2fly,

I am really sorry to hear this, no matter what people say, it is not easy.  I have been there before as I am sure many of our FOH brothers and sisters have been.  You may have heard the old saying, when one door closes another door opens.  Well, I hope that you are able to find some peace in your time away and that your upcoming new opportunity will be even better than the one that you had before.

Best wishes and heartfelt prayers to you,

Curtiss

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somebody PM me this man's address. Sounds like a man in need of a serious bombing.  The only way to stop me is to move...cause someone knows where you live...and they will spill the beans.  

I decided to tell them to get stuffed.  

You must maintain a positive attitude..You and only you.... A very long time ago I was out of work going on about 6 months and the wife says "how can you be so happy and positive all the time"...

sorry to hear.

for what little it is worth, i joined a major law firm months before the major recession 'we had to have' destroyed so many businesses. they cut a huge quantity of staff (interestingly, they let at least a third of their lawyers go, plus support staff, before they finally benched their art curator). pretty devastating at the time but opened up other things and one of the best things that could have ever happened, in the long run.

if at all possible, try and make your next position what you really want to be doing. good luck.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear ,can be very stressful I recently left my job though I didn't loose it per se I have since found another one whilst not at the upper echelon I once was I have to realise it's not everything,I feel I was sort of managed out ,but no one puts baby in the corner lol,I now work 5 minutes from home and I am more or less stress free and that's got to worth something 

i know it's so cliche and has been said before buts it's so true one door closes another one opens ,best of luck in your future endeavours 

cheers Steve

• Like 1

Sorry to hear Mike.  As some of the other guys have already said, a lot of us have been right where you are.  We can empathize.  Keep the faith and soldier on Brother.  Don't let doubt creep in and don't lean on your own understanding.  I'm just up the road so don't hesitate to ask if I can be of any assistance.  Got you in my thoughts and prayers.  PM me if you need to talk.

Bill

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BarryNY said:

You must maintain a positive attitude..You and only you....

A very long time ago I was out of work going on about 6 months and the wife says "how can you be so happy and positive all the time"...and I told her "if I'm not going to remain positive I'm done"...very soon after I got the job of a lifetime that changed my destiny in many ways....

Keep the faith and stay positive.  Attitude is everything.

Can only echo what Barry sais! Hang in there, mate!

• Like 1

It sucks to be in that place, but remember two things: 90% of what we worry about never comes to pass, and everything happens for a reason.  Another way of putting it is you will make it through this and you will come out the other side in a better place.  It may take a while, but you will most likely look back and say that it was the best thing that happened to you.

Good luck, and don't forget to come here often for support if you need it. 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that but as one door closes,another will open up.I've been in that situation a few times and now nobody can fire or lay me off anymore as I'm retired

• Like 1

luv2fly:  I can identify with your situation (been through it a few times myself) and am sending good vibes your way.  Everything truly does happen for a reason.  As long as you keep putting one foot in front of the other you're always heading in the right direction.    

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this my friend. I will say a prayer for you, if that is cool with you!

One of the guys I used to fly with was an ex-Capt at AA though the 60's and 70's, a friend of my Pop... What I considered as part of the real "I want to be a professional pilot" heyday. He used to tell me stories of crew members being up all night, hungover in the cockpit etc., and he finally threw in the towel and started flying freight with Flying Tigers. He loved the job! Regular hours, flew a 747 and he said none of the BS of 'flying people.’ There he found a group of pilots he stated “still took the job seriously.”

His name was Art… and that SOB could fly an airplane! At the time we owned a twin Comanche as did he. He taught my dad and I more about that airplane than any book, or 1000 hours!

I don't know why I shared the story, probably from the 'used to be fun' comment. I hope flying becomes fun for you again.

I wish you best brother, maybe the vacation will be just what you need.

With my neck in a brace, that is what I keep telling myself!  -R

• Like 1

It's hard not to be defined by ones job in these times...I suffer from that delusion. One things for sure, you will be working your butt off in no time, so try your best to enjoy the extra time...and do some things that you normally wouldn't have time to do. 

• Like 1

Thanks again to you all.  It means a lot to me.  

Here is a twist.  They have asked me to come back to train a new person.  About 2 weeks of training I figure.

I am torn about this. I was let go and apparently there was no future plan in place.

Now, the "good guy" in me says fine, I will do it.  

This is not flying related as I stopped flying years ago.  I worked in the environmental field until Friday.  (I thought).

Thanks to all of you folks for the well wishes and inspiration.  I have not committed to further helpful this company but I feel that it may be the right thing to do. 

I want to take the high road and keep my side of the street clean.

Thanks agin for the great responses.  I like them all.  

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, luv2fly said:

Here is a twist.  They have asked me to come back to train a new person.  About 2 weeks of training I figure.

I am torn about this. I was let go and apparently there was no future plan in place.

This is not flying related as I stopped flying years ago.  I worked in the environmental field until Friday.  (I thought).

Thanks to all of you folks for the well wishes and inspiration.  I have not committed to further helpful this company but I feel that it may be the right thing to do. 

I completely understand being torn about it.  It says a lot about you that you want to take the high road.  Even with that being said, this rarely works out well for either party.  I've done HR for years in one form or another and once a termination occurs, it is hard to go back.

I would politely decline and wish them the best.  Then PM me your address so the bombing runs can begin.  I will find you brother...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, luv2fly said:

I've seen this same situation go a number of ways -- sometimes it can even lead to you being offered your job back once they realize that they made a mistake.  I'd say, the company likely does not have the same conscience as you do and so I wouldn't (personally) offer the training to "do the right thing."  But, if you think that there is a slight possibility that you would want to work for them down the line again, then I'd do it.  Plus, while giving a bad review of a past employee doesn't really happen much these days, if you go out of your way to help them, there's the possibility that they go out of their way to praise you in any correspondences they have with potential employers looking for referrals from your past employers.  Burning bridges rarely helps.  

This is all just my two cents to take as you see fit.  I wish you the best!