If you could pick 15 discontinued cigars that would meet your rotation needs

2 hours ago, PigFish said:

... well put.

Yes, I have a list, and still a lot of the cigars.

Cigars had class and elegance, good feel in the hand, respectful of the resource tobacco, built to fit a mood, taste and timeframe. Little of that exists anymore.

Smokers could experiment and find a good collection (hoard) regardless of likes. There were ample Churchills, PC's, Coronas, Lonsdales and Panetelas, robustos and figurados. Brand hunting and tasting, vitola experimenting was a part of the path of learning and loving Cuban cigars. Smokers could mature, and find a fit... No longer!

Smokers tastes and the variety that they wanted was respected by a company that could afford to respect them. A poorly managed company is constantly on the scramble to market and not support, to sell and not cater to the customer. The customer centric company is gone!

I could build my list from many above. What is the point? Most of what I considered superior cigar are gone now. Tabacuba does not build much in the way of cigars that I recognize as superior anymore. The collectors all own them now, and the hoarders of course! And that is a shame for smokers of the Cuban leaf!

-the Pig

All true Piggert, but I think it's worth noting - the hardship began with western influence and executive management entering stage.... just say'n.  :cigar:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Like this list. I like lonsdales.

Thanks CB. For me, it all started with my Dad's old Ramon Allones 8-9-8 box he had from the seventies (sadly all 25 were gone by the nineties when I took possession of the box, but I still enjoy using it as a temporary humidor every now and then...it's sentimental), and being enamored with my brother-in-law's gifted Montecristo No.1. Last year saw the Partagas 8-9-8 and Cohiba Siglo V so difficult to come by. (There's) so few lonsdales left...likewise, I don't know if I could bring myself to smoke one of my few remaining Sancho Panza Molinos this weekend. 

1 hour ago, PigFish said:

Agreed... a good list! A lot of my friends here have similar (good -LOL) taste!!! -tP

The 2017 Deletions thread had me thinking about your love of lonsdales for some reason this week. Maybe it was the deletion of the Romeo y Julieta Cedros de Luxe No.1. 

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

if I could bring myself to smoke one of my few remaining Sancho Panza Molinos this weekend. 

Come on up to Thornbury, Ontario, brother. Many of these await and we can put some awesome music on too. But the RA 898's confuse me now, as they are just a few years old, RE Germany and still cost a fortune. Learned this the hard way.

in your honour tonight

IMG_2740.JPG

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

Come on up to Thornbury, Ontario, brother. Many of these await and we can put some awesome music on too. But the RA 898's confuse me now, as they are just a few years old, RE Germany and still cost a fortune. Learned this the hard way.

in your honour tonight

IMG_2740.JPG

Bless your heart! The thought brings me so much joy! :D

• Like 1