Dream Regional

17 hours ago, bwgan said:

Upmann

Yes. Please.

I'll add an Upmann Laguito No. 1/Especial like the Lanceros or Fundis, because that could probably be even more amazing. Hell, if they made that vitola with the Mag56 blend I'd buy a mastercase of it. Or two.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DWC said:

SCdlH  -  el Principe blend,  in a Corona format

5 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Or the most likely to actually get produced: an El Principe blend Dalias or Cervantes. Although I would also prefer a Corona.

2 hours ago, Smallclub said:

A El Principe in a corona or corona grande vitola would be one of my favorite habanos, without a doubt.

+1 . . . but the Oficios have been shelf warmers and '07 or '08 boxes were still around until last year, so not a big chance for those :-(

8 hours ago, shlomo said:

I was thinking more along the lines of older Punch SS1 or SS2 cabs. Not a single band needed!!   mmmmmmmmm

That and the SP Molinos, ERDM Tainos, the whole Serie du Connoisseur de Partagas (minus the bands!), so many more... REs are so useless.

I buy them when I travel now only, except for Canada where I live. Like those.

But those short  Robustos are so ungratifying when we sit down for a drink at a park or somewhere!

1.  Ramon Allones

2.  Robusto Extra or Pyramid

3.  Box of 10

€/£/$ does not matter because this is a holiday. A special time. Unless it is Spain lol.

14 hours ago, shlomo said:

I was thinking more along the lines of older Punch SS1 or SS2 cabs. Not a single band needed!!   mmmmmmmmm

... while not a fan of the SS2, why would I argue with such pragmatic thought? I won't!!! The SS2 would be a giant leap forward, but not from the perspective of the Beanie Baby generation of smokers! All these bands and crap... Hotwheels for adults!

Special 'edition' cigars... Talk about taking your history and reputation to the dumpster...

As another poster said, here we go again!!! -Piggy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, losttrailer said:

+1 . . . but the Oficios have been shelf warmers and '07 or '08 boxes were still around until last year, so not a big chance for those :-(

The Oficios are no El Principe. If they had been, they would have done a lot better on the market. The price was also out of line, as is still the case with all the other SC models. El Principe is a different blend than all other SCs. A good La Fuerza can come close, but the EP is generally richer and sweeter--much heavier on the syrupy molasses flavor. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The Oficios are no El Principe.  El Principe is a different blend than all other SCs.

Definitely.

4 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Oficios can be had at a very reasonable price for what is now a vintage cigar. PM me if interested.

I'm not sure that's a good idea. Height months ago a friend and I splitted a box of '07 from a famous source, and I was very disappointed. These Oficios simply didn't age nicely, they retain an unpleasant acidity that should be gone since long… Recent El Principe are better cigars IMHO.

The best vintage LCDH San Cristobal IMHO are the huge and pricey Murallas. Not the most complex but certainly the most sweet, it's like smoking some coffee-flavored sponge cake… yum…

14 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The Oficios are no El Principe . . . The price was also out of line . . .

They are a tad lighter in my memory but i wouldn't go so far to say it's a completely different blend. Now that you awakened my interest i took a '07 El Principe and a '07 Oficio out of their boxes and put them into the drybox today for a side by side comparison in a few weeks.

You are right with the price but this was at least partially due to the presentation and i love the SCdLH LCDH boxes. They are quite airtight and that is probably the reason they didnt age well and got mixed reviews during the first years.

45 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

Definitely.

I'm not sure that's a good idea. Height months ago a friend and I splitted a box of '07 from a famous source, and I was very disappointed. These Oficios simply didn't age nicely, they retain an unpleasant acidity that should be gone since long…

Did you let them air ? I made the same experience from a '07 box i acquired 2013 and smoked one directly from the box one month after. Took two out and put them to my office cabinet. Half a year later i tried one of those and it was a difference like day and night.

9 hours ago, Smallclub said:

Definitely.

I'm not sure that's a good idea. Height months ago a friend and I splitted a box of '07 from a famous source, and I was very disappointed. These Oficios simply didn't age nicely, they retain an unpleasant acidity that should be gone since long… Recent El Principe are better cigars IMHO.

The best vintage LCDH San Cristobal IMHO are the huge and pricey Murallas. Not the most complex but certainly the most sweet, it's like smoking some coffee-flavored sponge cake… yum…

My opinion on the Oficios is very much in line with yours. I wasn't passing judgment on the cigars--simply that they could be had fairly easily and at a relatively low price (probably for good reason). Interest was expressed, so I have no problem pointing someone in the right direction. If my opinion had been requested, well, that's a different matter. I'm glad you said it so I didn't have to!