before the bruce tour

9 hours ago, OZCUBAN said:

Here's the first set list from the first concert here in Perth ,Bruce is here for the whole week I think he might have fell in love with our beaches not hard to do by the way spotted in Cottesloe as he was last time any how here is the list can't wait till Friday 

pretty terrific set. interesting so much from wild, innocent - he did the full album last time he was in brizzy.

as for the beaches, i was surprised to read in the autobiog how much surfing he did. had not heard that before.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meh - I'd rather go see U2

Ken, I have to say thanks for this.  It inspired me to look at tickets for my mother as birthday present (she has always loved him) and it turns out he is playing in Brisbane on her birthday.  That's

we welcome all opinions here, no matter how misguided.

Hi Ken yea he did that last time from what I can recall including a 15 min version of Kitty's Back 

read this morning he said he has really really connected with Aussie audiences and will will be always a stop on future tours so that has to be a good thing every time a see certain artist I always think this will be the last time I ever get to see them or maybe not hanging for Friday my logic is the last show will be the best before he moves on to the next city 

cheers Steve 

for anyone who remains unconvinced, watch this version of born to run - love the way it morphs into scenes from a number of concerts. the shots of the crowd!! ever seen so many people so deliriously happy.

i saw him do the stand on the piano thing a few years ago in adelaide. he broke the piano. but it didn't stop them.

It's a great video ken good thing about yours now is you can download the concert you went to cool such personal memories 

doesn't get much better than jungleland live. i've heard him do it a couple of times - always in brizzy but never elsewhere. no idea if a reason for that. i do have a mate who has been to a number of concerts and all he wants is to hear him do jungleland, but it is always the concert before or after. he is going in adelaide so will be pissed at this.

the only thing he does better live, for me at least, is backstreets.

• Like 1

nice story.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/confidential/bruce-springsteen-awakens-potential-in-severely-disabled-brisbane-boy/news-story/c3b493684d6b132846da3c1e3bfd13dd

two questions -

how do i get one of those bedsheets?

how did the pair in the clip at the end of this ever get to be presenters? they are terrible (bloke not too bad bit really).

Watch Bruce Springsteen Taunt Trump With 'Don't Hang Up' in Australia

Rocker covers 1962 pop hit after president's disastrous call with Aussie PM Malcolm Turnbull

6 hours ago

Bruce Springsteen taunted Donald Trump over his disastrous phone call with Malcolm Turnbull by covering the Orlons' "Don't Hang Up" in Australia.

Bruce Springsteen trolled Donald Trump with a cover of the Orlons' "Don't Hang Up" in Melbourne after the president's disastrous phone call with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull (via Consequence of Sound).

Springsteen opened his Melbourne concert with an acoustic rendition of the peppy 1962 pop hit, hoping its story of a rocky teenage romance might serve as a diplomatic salve. "We stand before you, embarrassed Americans, tonight," Springsteen cracked as he introduced the song, adding, "We're gonna use this to send a letter back home."

The performance occurred not long after reports surfaced of a heated exchange between Trump and Turnbull that threatened to disrupt America's strong and longstanding relationship with Australia. According to The New York Times, Trump grew angry and reportedly ended the call early after Turnbull pressed him on whether the U.S. would honor an Obama-era agreement to accept 1,250 refugees from an Australian detention center.

Trump tweeted about the deal Thursday morning, referring to the refugees as "illegal immigrants" and saying he will "study this dumb deal." However, Turnbull said the U.S. committed to upholding the agreement. 

Springsteen's "Don't Hang Up" cover marks the second jab he's thrown at Trump on his Australian tour. During a concert in Adelaide, the rocker criticized the President's recent executive order "Muslim ban," introducing his 2006 song, "American Land" as "an immigrants' song." 

"Tonight, we want to add our voices to the thousands of Americans who are protesting at airports around our country the Muslim ban and the detention of foreign nationals and refugees," he said. "America is a nation of immigrants, and we find this anti-democratic and fundamentally un-American."

Bruce Springsteen played secret White House concert for Obama staffers.

More News

17 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

he should stick to things he's familiar with, like cheating on wives.....

glass houses.

morning colt. who rattled your cage? aren't we a little bitter and twisted this morning?

without wishing to veer into US politics (consider this a comment on international relations and therefore outside the scope of transgressions), bruce has done nothing different to what members of emperor donald's own party has done (eg, sen mccain) and attempted to rectify a potential rift between close allies.

and how on earth is this glass houses? the only offence bruce could ever be considered of inflicting on australia is that he did not tour more often. we are grateful he is more than making up for it of late.

• Like 1

... I think that we should make Brucey, the official US ambassador to Nauru! As a perk he can invite as many that he can fit in his Benedict Canyon estate, or one of his many New Jersey properties, as long that they remain his personal responsibility...

Lets do it Bruce, or should I just sing 'Born to Run???' ... Piggy

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

perhaps putting on a bruce album every morning would assist?

I've tried, but maybe playing them backwards isn't such a good idea. But then I put on a continuous loop of "I Believe In a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness, and all seems right in the world.

47 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

I've tried, but maybe playing them backwards isn't such a good idea. But then I put on a continuous loop of "I Believe In a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness, and all seems right in the world.

i take it that was one of the tracks rejected from 'darkness on the edge of town'?