2017 FOH Blind Tasting Registration: Fully Subscribed

First go-round didn't fare too well last year, but it was a lot of fun in any event.  Thought for sure I'd go 0-5, but managed to get lucky on the last round.  Definitely in again this year.  I would recommend it for anyone, even a complete beginner.  Just hope CCW is up by then in some form or another to help me narrow down the possibilities. :thumbsup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I highly encourage you to reconsider--even people who DO KNOW have troubles.  It's a blast.  I participated last year and went 0/5 but had a great time.  I am in for sure.  

It's kinda like eating an M&M while blindfolded and picking its color. 

Just e-mailed Di. I am in for the challenge

23 hours ago, foursite12 said:

I had fun with this last year.  

Rob, shipping costs for a 5 cigar package really impact the per-stick cost.  Any ability to piggyback these with a new or existing box order to save on double shipping?

Second this 

On 13/01/2017 at 4:01 PM, foursite12 said:

I had fun with this last year.  

Rob, shipping costs for a 5 cigar package really impact the per-stick cost.  Any ability to piggyback these with a new or existing box order to save on double shipping?

9 hours ago, KFBR392 said:

Second this 

Higher cost is not just due to shipping, but also the time to re-band and package for over 100 participants.

On 1/12/2017 at 8:56 PM, BuzzArd said:

Don't think I know enough to give it a whirl yet. Maybe next time. 

thats what I thought last year and kicked myself all year for missing it. I say jump in and enjoy. Worst case scenario you get to try some new sticks.

Oh yeah I want in this year boss!

I am waiting for all the 'brand profile' experts to check in...! -LOL

I would join this round (Bwana) but I am off cigars till my neck has mended. While not a big believer that a cigar or two is going to stop my spine from mending, not taking any chances with what the hell I have just been though...

Good luck, fellow travelers! -Piggy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Higher cost is not just due to shipping, but also the time to re-band and package for over 100 participants.

Of course. No issue with the cost of the product whatsoever; it's a great event and I will gladly look like an idiot guessing away in vain again this year!  The point of my question was that shipping is a built in factor on top and was asking if possible to combine with another purchase in an effort to save a few bucks per stick that is strictly the shipping component spread across only five cigars, if they can be included in the same shipping carton with another order. 

Of course. No issue with the cost of the product whatsoever; it's a great event and I will gladly look like an idiot guessing away in vain again this year!  The point of my question was that shipping is a built in factor on top and was asking if possible to combine with another purchase in an effort to save a few bucks per stick that is strictly the shipping component spread across only five cigars, if they can be included in the same shipping carton with another order. 

Certainly don't mean to speak for Rob or his team, but I feel like this question came up last year, and the explanation was that due to how many people participate in the blind tasting, keeping track of combined shipments just added another layer of work for Lisa, Di and the logistics guys, when they're already putting a ton of time and effort into this. I don't think anyone would argue that point.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wabashcr said:

Certainly don't mean to speak for Rob or his team, but I feel like this question came up last year, and the explanation was that due to how many people participate in the blind tasting, keeping track of combined shipments just added another layer of work for Lisa, Di and the logistics guys, when they're already putting a ton of time and effort into this. I don't think anyone would argue that point.

Makes sense. Thanks.

35 minutes ago, foursite12 said:

Makes sense. Thanks.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier but missed it entirely. 

The comp is zero sum gain for us.  There is a fair bit of work over 6 months that you don't see/realise. 

Play or don't play...no probs. 

• Like 3

Had a great time with this competition last year, so looking forward to trying it again.

Although, last year, I got the first one right and thought I would coast to victory (and then didn't get another one right the rest of the way). Hoping to improve on my score this year!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, foursite12 said:

Makes sense. Thanks.

They also have to take into account all the winnings they are going to hand out. We have a number of super tasters on the forum, guys that can tell the brand of every cigar they smoke, even without the band. It really makes it tough for all us regular guys. :rotfl:

• Like 1

Guest robitowitz

In on this. Will be my first one and I haven't been around long, but I'm looking forward to it. Will probably go 0/5 but will have a good time doing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...