My Wretched Team the Return (NFL)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Falcon's had their way with the Seahawks today...Now if the Packers (my team) can beat Dallas they come back here to Atlanta...I might have to call in a favor for a ticket for that one.  

If flights always had football games playing the world would be a better place. Oh and a Cigar lounge. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite Texans losing (as expected), it was still a good weekend as the Cowboys got beat.  Fantastic game. 

As for the SB - any combination of these 4 teams is going to be great. I'm excited to live in the hosting city. 

Saw a great stat today - 14 of last 16 AFC Super Bowl teams have been led by either Brady, Manning, or Big Ben.  Really shows how this is a league of haves and haves not when it comes to the QB. 

• Like 2

as a giants fan it made me happy to see the cowboys go down, I would like to see Atlanta pull off a victory they are so due

It's been some time since posting about My Wretched Team...The Detroit Lions.  Their loss to Seattle was both predictable, and sad.  Let's see...Offensive line sucks, run game sucks, run defense sucks, pass rush sucks, secondary sucks.  That's a lot of sucking and not much hope of things changing anytime soon.  Meanwhile, division rival Packers and Aaron Rodgers put on a veritable clinic against the Giants, what else is new?  How did your team fare?

Sean,

I'm a die hard Detroit fan, born and raised in Toledo. Lions, Wings, Pistons, Tigers, love them all dearly.
That being said, I'm used to some really shitty seasons. This season was painful to watch the ending, but the whole team didn't suck as you think. What you really seen was a playoff team that was ravished by injuries. Sure all teams are banged up this time of year, but this team had to go out each week and hire Players off the street to play. And they did, and won. They overachieved under these types of situations in my eyes.
I can see you are one of the fans crying out to fire the entire staff and front office. Maybe pump the breaks a tad and think about some of the 1-4 win seasons we endured in the past. This staff and front office are making a team able to contend. Lions did make the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years. Probably a ton of fans out there that would give anything for that...?

#onePride

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, eswary said:

Sean,

I'm a die hard Detroit fan, born and raised in Toledo. Lions, Wings, Pistons, Tigers, love them all dearly.
That being said, I'm used to some really shitty seasons. This season was painful to watch the ending, but the whole team didn't suck as you think. What you really seen was a playoff team that was ravished by injuries. Sure all teams are banged up this time of year, but this team had to go out each week and hire Players off the street to play. And they did, and won. They overachieved under these types of situations in my eyes.
I can see you are one of the fans crying out to fire the entire staff and front office. Maybe pump the breaks a tad and think about some of the 1-4 win seasons we endured in the past. This staff and front office are making a team able to contend. Lions did make the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years. Probably a ton of fans out there that would give anything for that...?

#onePride

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I have no problem with the front office or staff...they deserve a chance.  I am also appreciative of the year they had, it was much improved over last season.  Their problems are glaring however and If memory serves, the last playoff game they won was in the 80's, I was a teenager then, you'll have to allow for some venting on my part.

• Like 1