My Wretched Team the Return (NFL)

9 minutes ago, Colt45 said:

Pats are looking pretty good. I think I was most impressed with the win over Denver - tighten up the chin strap defense, and great patience and situational awareness on offense.

They are indeed looking good, and will likely have to be reckoned with.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Falcon's had their way with the Seahawks today...Now if the Packers (my team) can beat Dallas they come back here to Atlanta...I might have to call in a favor for a ticket for that one.  

If flights always had football games playing the world would be a better place. Oh and a Cigar lounge. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

for what it is worth, when i first got interesting, the pats and the pack were what the browns are today.

Am I seriously the only one who caught this?   :rolleyes:

- MG

ugh my team ( NY Giants) forgot there is 4 quarters in a game and decided to just play for 1 1/2 quarters

oh well better luck next year

On 1/9/2017 at 3:47 PM, Ken Gargett said:

apparently yes.

certainly went straight past me. thanks.

and in case there is the slightest doubt, that was, of course, not what i meant.

No worries Ken, we know what you meant.  :thumbsup:

On 1/9/2017 at 2:59 PM, Dave001 said:

ugh my team ( NY Giants) forgot there is 4 quarters in a game and decided to just play for 1 1/2 quarters

oh well better luck next year

Getting smucked by Aaron Rodgers is a regular occurrence for my team (Lions), can't say I enjoy it either.

My Raiders met their (expected) demise last weekend as well. Unfortunately, once Derek Carr went down, their season was effectively over. That said, I can't complain. I don't think anybody expected a 12-4 season. Their core is young, and the future looks bright!

9 hours ago, Danimalia said:

My Raiders met their (expected) demise last weekend as well. Unfortunately, once Derek Carr went down, their season was effectively over. That said, I can't complain. I don't think anybody expected a 12-4 season. Their core is young, and the future looks bright!

Yeah, agree about Carr, but the organization seems to be on the upswing, though I'm not sure why they fired their offensive coordinator.

10 hours ago, Westside Threat said:

i think he might be dan synder's long lost twin. in which case, lord help you.

i saw the 49ers were interviewing our mcvay and that the rams seem very serious about him. not bad for a thirty year old. think i'd rather keep him and give up gruden (not the good gruden but the other one).

16 hours ago, Sean3 said:

I hate to say it, but, this sounds very much like the Detroit Lions...and that's not a good thing.

ouch a lions fan now that has to hurt as much as Matthew Staffords hand, hopefully one day for you guys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorCalAaron said:

Not much can get worse then being a 49ers fan, a turd of a QB and management/front office with huge egos.  Almost enough to turn me into a Raiders fan.  

Seems like the 49ers problems stem from the front office side, beginning with when they lost Harbaugh.

• Like 1

The Lions have been more like dogs than lions for a long time, but my Dolphins have resembled bottom dwelling catfish, well under water, for a very long time too. Since 2000 the Miami Catfish (can't even call them something cute like guppies) have qualified for wild card games just three times (2001, 2008 and 2016), and lost all three (Ravens twice, and Steelers last weekend). They have been listless since their last suberbowl loss in 1984 - 32 years of misery and pain. About once per decade or so they show a little spark for one season and then fade into disarray again.

Now everyone is praising Gase for a turnaround year... well, we shall see. This is an all too common tabloid story. 

6 hours ago, Philc2001 said:

The Lions have been more like dogs than lions for a long time, but my Dolphins have resembled bottom dwelling catfish, well under water, for a very long time too. Since 2000 the Miami Catfish (can't even call them something cute like guppies) have qualified for wild card games just three times (2001, 2008 and 2016), and lost all three (Ravens twice, and Steelers last weekend). They have been listless since their last suberbowl loss in 1984 - 32 years of misery and pain. About once per decade or so they show a little spark for one season and then fade into disarray again.

Now everyone is praising Gase for a turnaround year... well, we shall see. This is an all too common tabloid story. 

Guppies, now that's funny!  Your fish have some problems for sure, we can only hope our respective teams have turned a corner.

The correlation between teams with good front office and good product on the field can't be ignored.  A lot of billionaires made their billions elsewhere and think that that automatically qualifies them to be a football man.  Having a franchise QB helps too.

15 hours ago, Sean3 said:

Seems like the 49ers problems stem from the front office side, beginning with when they lost Harbaugh.

Harbaugh doesn't stay anywhere long bc he's an abrasive dick and he doesn't play well with others.

But you're right about their front office being bad, when one can make a valid argument you're more dysfunctional than my Browns and  Jimmy "Rebates" Haslam, that's saying something 

4 hours ago, Baldy said:

The correlation between teams with good front office and good product on the field can't be ignored.  A lot of billionaires made their billions elsewhere and think that that automatically qualifies them to be a football man.  Having a franchise QB helps too.

Agreed.

4 hours ago, JohnInCleveland said:

Harbaugh doesn't stay anywhere long bc he's an abrasive dick and he doesn't play well with others.

But you're right about their front office being bad, when one can make a valid argument you're more dysfunctional than my Browns and  Jimmy "Rebates" Haslam, that's saying something 

Yeah, I do get that impression about Harbaugh...Better hang on though, front office problems are notoriously difficult to resolve.

I don't see York in SF and Haslam in Cleveland going away anything soon.  Therefore, "Playoffs!?  What playoffs!?"

What a shame with what have happened to the 49ers.  Walsh, Montana, Young, Rice, Craig,......what a shame.

4 hours ago, Baldy said:

on this we agree (not quite so much the QB, though obviously you'd never knock one back).

the skins is the perfect example - 20 years of dismal failure under dan S. before that, jack kent cooke and bobby beathard and then gibbs. cooke can't have been an easy owner but he trusted beathard enough to give him some leeway. cooke had never heard of gibbs when beathard wanted to bring him to the skins (5 straight losses nearly meant it was a short-lived hire) but amongst them, three superbowls and seen as one of the great forces in the competition. what team would not be happy with that? beathard was also responsible for drafting daryl green at the end of the first round in 83, i think. the story is that apparently beathard would tell no one who he was planning to pick in case it leaked. his own staff had never heard of green when he announced it (had always said it would be a defensive person but i think dan marino went the pick before green so would have been interesting if he was still on the board). gibbs and green went on to be two of the all time greatest skins.

then along comes dan. years of rubbish. finally, after this rubbish has finally hopefully convinced him he cannot run a football team, we have scot M as GM and things are starting to improve. slowly.

i say not so much with the QB, though obviously every team desperately wants one. gibbs won his three superbowls with three different QBs and none of them were what you'd call elite franchise QBs. all good and all had terrific years but hardly montana or brady.

• Like 1

Ownership is always discussed as part of the front office (and obviously it is), but there are many sleazy owners with bad temperaments who are able to be successful when they find the right people to run the show and they politely stay out of the kitchen.

If Jerry Jones is able to be successful multiple times, even Jimmy Haslam can.  I just hope the new front office has some chops, bc Jimmy can't shit can his coach or GM for at least another year or two.