My Wretched Team the Return (NFL)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Falcon's had their way with the Seahawks today...Now if the Packers (my team) can beat Dallas they come back here to Atlanta...I might have to call in a favor for a ticket for that one.  

If flights always had football games playing the world would be a better place. Oh and a Cigar lounge. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, seattledude said:

Being Hawks fan it was hard game to watch. But Falcons were absolutely on point today. Great win. 

I've been here 21 years and still haven't warmed up to the Falcons...yet. I'll root for them but I've never been a homer. I was surprised actually how well they did. I was glad for Matt Ryan...I don't think their lack of success has been him so he deserves it. Well until they play the Packers...then send him home crying! 

Arthur Blank brought him to THD SSC back in 2008 right when they got him. He was a very nice to talk to so I think that is why I have a soft spot for him. 

ATLANTA FALCONS AUTOGRAPHS MATT RYAN PIC AND VIDEOS 012.jpg

ATLANTA FALCONS AUTOGRAPHS MATT RYAN PIC AND VIDEOS 013.jpg

ATLANTA FALCONS AUTOGRAPHS MATT RYAN PIC AND VIDEOS 009.jpg

ATLANTA FALCONS AUTOGRAPHS MATT RYAN PIC AND VIDEOS 010.jpg

• Like 1

Another win for the Pats today.  Not their best offensive game but it's a win.  Go Packers.  The Packers is a team that is difficult to hate.  Would love to see a Packers - Patriots SB. 

Without question Packers Patriots is the game I want to see. And honestly even if the Packers lost it wouldn't hurt as much because you know you were beat by the best.

I'll be watching the Packers on the big screen in Vegas at Mandalay Bay today... anybody need any wagers placed LOL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SaintMickey® said:

The Falcon's had their way with the Seahawks today...Now if the Packers (my team) can beat Dallas they come back here to Atlanta...I might have to call in a favor for a ticket for that one.

One of the very rare times I'll be rooting for the Pack, can't stand Dallas!

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

@Ken Gargett would be in hysterics in the Green Bay - Dallas game right now! :lookaround:

john, you have no idea. cheered as if they were wearing burgundy and gold. and they way the defence got moved back at times, it felt like as though they may as well.

always quite liked the pack and they are the team of a great mate of mine, but as far as i am concerned, any team that beats the girls deserves the superbowl. and if they did win it, we could say that we were the last team to beat them. fat lot of good it does us.

• Like 1

actually, even though i thought it game of the year, it could have been improved in one way.

when the girls called that time out with 3 seconds to go, as the pack kicker put the field goal over, i would have loved to have seen that one miss and then he gets another go because of their time out. and wins the game. but i'll take it as it was.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Baldy said:

Another win for the Pats today.  Not their best offensive game but it's a win.  Go Packers.  The Packers is a team that is difficult to hate.  Would love to see a Packers - Patriots SB. 

I am a Dallas fan so not too excited about the Packers but it was a well played game and the Packers earned the win. 

3 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

actually, even though i thought it game of the year, it could have been improved in one way.

when the girls called that time out with 3 seconds to go, as the pack kicker put the field goal over, i would have loved to have seen that one miss and then he gets another go because of their time out. and wins the game. but i'll take it as it was.

I think we take for granted the odds of kicking those two field goals from 50 yards out like that. It's the first time that it's happened at the end of a post-season NFL game. Distances for field goals have increased in the last 20 or 30 years in the NFL, so for me, it makes me reflect on how Scott Norwood really shouldn't be upset that he went 'Wide Right' in Super Bowl XXV (1991). However, if Mason Crosby missed the kick for the Packers and the game went into O/T, and if Dallas won, it would have been Crosby's fault, right? Sport can be funny like that.

4 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I think we take for granted the odds of kicking those two field goals from 50 yards out like that. It's the first time that it's happened at the end of a post-season NFL game. Distances for field goals have increased in the last 20 or 30 years in the NFL, so for me, it makes me reflect on how Scott Norwood really shouldn't be upset that he went 'Wide Right' in Super Bowl XXV (1991). However, if Mason Crosby missed the kick for the Packers and the game went into O/T, and if Dallas won, it would have been Crosby's fault, right? Sport can be funny like that.

I think that I heard that it was the third longest field goal in playoff history. 

1 minute ago, Bohn007 said:

I think that I heard that it was the third longest field goal in playoff history. 

Is that right? Wow...it makes the kick an ever greater achievement then. Watching it live, it was all very, very cool...it just seemed 'matter of fact' for Crosby to me.

Just now, JohnS said:

Is that right? Wow...it makes the kick an ever greater achievement then. Watching it live, it was all very, very cool...it just seemed 'matter of fact' for Crosby to me.

That is what the announcer said right after the 56 yard field goal was kicked. One of the best games of the season for me

11 minutes ago, JohnS said:

yep. how many times have blokes played blinders but are remembered for one tiny mistake.

it is a bit like when we were knocked out of the world cup by the dodgy penalty. we all bleat about that but in reality, we were so outplayed that game that we should have lost by 10. luck and the keeper kept us in it. and they were down to ten men from the most absurd red card imaginable. but all most aussies remember is the dodgy penalty.

6 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

game of the season for me. except for when we beat the pack. not that hard really.

As a resident of Chicago, I am not a Packer fan for many reasons and look forward to the toast together when this happens

3 minutes ago, Bohn007 said:

As a resident of Chicago, I am not a Packer fan for many reasons and look forward to the toast together when this happens

sadly, i was referring to what has been, not what might be. the skins were the last team to beat the pack this season. unfortunately, it did us no good and we won't get the chance again.

although it might not be what dallas fans want to hear, i'm okay with whoever wins it now. just hope we get a few more games as good as today's.

and while i might enjoy dumping on the girls every chance, and was whooping at full time, as a skins fan, it scared the crap out of me how good they were in coming back from so far down. with such young players. i know it is a few years off but it will be an interesting year when the two stars finish their rookie contracts, especially if you are still trying to keep such a stellar O line together and players like Dez. that will make a mess of the salary cap.