50 Cabs

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Unedited, non-reviewed video on YouTube.... emoji849.png

And you have one or two dozen persons attending this bash who will repeat, very sure of them, that they have smoked a cigar from one of the last 50 cabs in the universe… and will tell you that your cab of 2016 Shorts or RASCC is fake…

1 hour ago, btubes18 said:

Skip to about 5 minutes on the video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The statement about 50 cabs no longer being produced comes at about 7:35 into the video, and Patel actually says Cuba no longer allows them.  Very odd.  :lookaround:

On 07/01/2017 at 6:58 AM, JohnS said:

The main change in the last 12 months from that topic is the Saint Luis Rey Double Coronas (49rg  x 194mm Double Corona). It hasn't been seen for a long time and is apparently discontinued. Hence, he may now be left with 9 regular production vitolas that come in 50 cabs.

john, just saw this. occasionally i tune out and i have missed on this. are you serious? no more SLR DCs in cabs? no more SLR DCs.

oh, perfidious habanos. shame!!!

say it ain't so. you have ruined my day. week. year.

move over aussie selectors, there is room in your fetid cesspool for the sewer rats who make these iniquitous decisions.

11 hours ago, Smallclub said:

And you have one or two dozen persons attending this bash who will repeat, very sure of them, that they have smoked a cigar from one of the last 50 cabs in the universe… and will tell you that your cab of 2016 Shorts or RASCC is fake…

If you have a 50 cab of RASCC it IS fake :D. I'm sure you meant RASS

8 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

Oh brother. Another piece of great information from the same source.

Well, at least he's now on record as claiming it only pertains to Epi 2. However, his language in the video is, let's say, vague to say the least. 

Discontinuing Epi 2 50s certainly wouldn't be that shocking a move by HSA in this day and age. I guess it's conceivable that someone he knows at Hunters got word. I suppose we'll see what's on the 2017 cut list...

On ‎8‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, Ken Gargett said:

john, just saw this. occasionally i tune out and i have missed on this. are you serious? no more SLR DCs in cabs? no more SLR DCs.

oh, perfidious habanos. shame!!!

say it ain't so. you have ruined my day. week. year.

move over aussie selectors, there is room in your fetid cesspool for the sewer rats who make these iniquitous decisions.

You wouldn't believe it, Ken...apparently we may have a reprieve in this situation (it's a miracle!). I caught up with @Fuzz for a get together on Sunday and we discussed the Saint Luis Rey Double Corona. He said that he saw some 50 cabs in Cuba, current 2016 cabs, recently on his trip in November. Now, I do know for a fact that the Serie A is on a production hiatus, there's barely been any around in 2016. The only Saint Luis Rey marca around is the Regio and who knows if leaf was set aside for the Cuban regional, the SLR Marquez, but that's about it. Fuzz and I concluded that some regions may not be seeing the SLR Double Coronas for the time being, but it's not necessarily discontinued.  

3 minutes ago, JohnS said:

You wouldn't believe it, Ken...apparently we may have a reprieve in this situation (it's a miracle!). I caught up with @Fuzz for a get together on Sunday and we discussed the Saint Luis Rey Double Corona. He said that he saw some 50 cabs in Cuba, current 2016 cabs, recently on his trip in November. Now, I do know for a fact that the Serie A is on a production hiatus, there's barely been any around in 2016. The only Saint Luis Rey marca around is the Regio and who knows if leaf was set aside for the Cuban regional, the SLR Marquez, but that's about it. Fuzz and I concluded that some regions may not be seeing the SLR Double Coronas for the time being, but it's not necessarily discontinued.  

very interesting but is Fuzz certain?

fuzz, are you sure?

i ask as to my knowledge, the SLR DC has never been sold in Cuba. only offshore markets. so if there is some in havana, that in itself is a change.

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

very interesting but is Fuzz certain?

fuzz, are you sure?

i ask as to my knowledge, the SLR DC has never been sold in Cuba. only offshore markets. so if there is some in havana, that in itself is a change.

I saw some 50 cab SLR. I didn't get a good look to be honest, so they could have been either the DC or the Serie A.They were big boxes, so I assumed they were SLR DCs. If I am mistaken, I blame the rum.

The only MIA cigar that I can say for certainty that we did find, were those 2 boxes of Sir Winnies at Jose Marti.

8 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I saw some 50 cab SLR. I didn't get a good look to be honest, so they could have been either the DC or the Serie A.They were big boxes, so I assumed they were SLR DCs. If I am mistaken, I blame the rum.

The only MIA cigar that I can say for certainty that we did find, were those 2 boxes of Sir Winnies at Jose Marti.

fuzz, i believe every word you ever utter. and i do not blame the rum. i have no doubt that if you say you saw SLR DC then you saw SLR DC. sitting on that shelf in between the loch ness monster and elvis.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

fuzz, i believe every word you ever utter. and i do not blame the rum. i have no doubt that if you say you saw SLR DC then you saw SLR DC. sitting on that shelf in between the loch ness monster and elvis.

It was Buddy Holly, not Elvis.

9 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Would have been even more surprising to see 50-cabs of the Serie A. Other than the DC, those have been discontinued for sure in that packaging. Question remains, Fuzz, whether you saw a 2016 boxing date on those cabs or whether they have perhaps been older ones pulled up to the shelves through some mysterious ways?

As to Ken's questioning - officially, the DC hasn't been discontinued (yet), rather production taken an a hiatus, quite like e.g. for the Des Dieux - hopefully we'll see them return at some point in time!