Who is in need of a Fat Bastard Competition?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am in! Been on new diet since beginning of October. Down to 237 from 270. Trying to get down to 215.

Not to spoil the party, but wouldn't it just be easier to just embrace the chub-ness?    Give in to fate . . . go with the flow . . . roll with the, um, rolls . . . ?  Losing weight is so much work, w

did you grow hair?

I could use it, but as I am pretty confined to my 'horse collar' for the next 10 to 12 weeks, and completely restricted on exercise. I cannot say that I am in prime position to lose weight. The worst time to thicken up is when couch bound but it seems that is what happening!!!

I will keep an eye on the thread and decide later. Maybe an Atkins protein run is in store. Last time I did well on the low carb plan and could certainly 'gain' by losing a few metric tons! -LOL

Something about SlimFish, that just does not carry the same 'weight.' -Piggy

• Like 1

I'm in!

My weight goes up and down. I lost about 150 lbs about 10 years ago: went from 320 lbs. to 220 lbs. in three months, was in between jobs and just decided to go nuts and drop it.... then I slowly got down to about 175 lbs. over the next year or so. I have gained alot of muscle since then but like to keep my weight between 175 lbs and 180 lbs. I just weighed myself and am 192 lbs. Not sure how competitive I can be but I love a good weight losing competition, especially for cigars and with a fun group! 

I would say losing weight is rougly 2/3 diet 1/3 exercise. It is hard to burn 1000 calories in a workout but many people can cut that from their diet....especially if you drink alcohol or soda, etc. 

Looking fwd to it! 

Hey guys. I want to introduce myself as this is my first post. I'm from Colorado. I'm a 30 you criminal defense lawyer who has been steadily collecting habanos for about two years now. I finally joined the forum for the wealth of information that I've gleaned from it for yhe past 9 months or so since stumbling upon it. 

I'd like to join the challenge, but I'm more interested in the competition for the best recipes. I'm already at myour target weight of 210 pounds at 6 foot 4 inches in height, 15 percent body fat. I began thinking seriously about my physical fitness some 6 years ago after clocking in at 235 (not sure about body fat percentage, but I'd guess close to 30 at the time). Since then, I've been on a regimen of diet and exercise, searching for the ideal combination of nutrition and workout routine. For me, I finally settled on intermittent fasting for my diet  (eating meals only between the hours of noon and 8 pm each day), and for exercise it is weightlifting 5 days a week and a half mile swim daily. Before settling on this combination I literally tried everything under the sun to see what worked best for me so I have a lot of experience to share if anyone is interested. I don't want to be one of those bloviating asses that showers the world with unsolicited advice, but if anyone has any questions I am more than happy to discuss things with you. 

Like I said, I'm going to join mostly for the recipe side of the competition.  I have developed some tasty and nutritious recipes over the years through trial and error.

Anyways that's me. Looking forward to a prosperous and successful new year. Thanks for having me and I wish everyone the best in the shedding and fitness journey. 

I'm cool, but my Mrs has declared she's 15kg over her preferred weight - can I call her in as a ringer?

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

I'll be in. Last year didn't go quite so well for me but I've signed up for a gym and am hopefully starting down the right path. Need to lose about 45 lbs to be more comfortable. Good Luck All!

On 1/6/2017 at 8:51 AM, irratebass said:

Nice job Brother! What have you been doing diet-wise?

Oh, and I'm in.... Nothing better than other brothers for motivation.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Give this a try and I guarantee you'll see great results.  I dropped 26# since Dec. 1st.  

http://ketogains.com/ketogains-calculator/

We have enough starters so 2017 FOH Fat bastard Competition is a Go :spotlight:

We will call for registrations and photo's from Thursday the 26th Jan until Monday 30th. I will post the starting thread on the 26th. 

if you wish...you can eat merrily until then :D

• Like 1

Not to spoil the party, but wouldn't it just be easier to just embrace the chub-ness? :P   Give in to fate . . . go with the flow . . . roll with the, um, rolls . . . ?  Losing weight is so much work, whereas gaining it is so much fun! :buddies: :hungry: :party:

o.k., I'm in . . . :pod:

• Like 2

On 1/10/2017 at 6:52 PM, El Presidente said:

We have enough starters so 2017 FOH Fat bastard Competition is a Go :spotlight:

We will call for registrations and photo's from Thursday the 26th Jan until Monday 30th. I will post the starting thread on the 26th. 

if you wish...you can eat merrily until then :D

Woohoo, two more weeks of beer! :party:

Then it'll be time to do something about the fact that someone seems to be shrinking my pants...